Day 1

The Source of Rest

from the I Will Give You Rest reading plan

Exodus 33:1-17, Psalm 23:1-6, John 15:1-11

BY She Reads Truth

Start each day by reading the Scripture. During this reading plan, we’ll then use the summary provided here to guide our discussion around the daily reading.

In God’s presence, we find rest. He is the source of all that we need—physically, spiritually, and eternally.

345 thoughts on "The Source of Rest"

1. Jillian Carpenter says:

Knowing that as long as I stay in Gods words and follow him I will bare fruit in my life. Giving him all my worries and things out of my control.

2. Elizabeth says:

It’s easy for me to forget that I am not working for God not am I working on my own without help but rather that He is with me and my work should be an overflow of my love for Him. Abiding in love through obedience as a means to experiencing the fullness of joy in Christ is such a richer way to live than is a life of striving.

3. Kayleigh Moran says:

I have been struggling with depression and high anxiety. Sometimes it’s hard to remember to focus on God.

4. Lauren Garner says:

I’ve been struggling with balancing my job and dealing with my brother’s struggle with mental illness. It makes you feel like you have a migraine all the time. This felt like it was set before me on purpose.

5. Cassidy Rowell says:

I’ve been in a season of depression. I work for a small faith-based non-profit, and it’s weighing on me and the effectiveness of my work. It’s been affecting my relationship, and I have felt so empty! There’s been many struggles and I’m usually the person full of joy in my circles. Small efforts have not been enough and I’m ready to say “ENOUGH!” And claim the goodness and faithfulness the Lord provides. It’s been a busy season and want to absorb the rest I am called to and to abide in Him.

6. Lindsay Hansen says:

Hi Kenzie. I will pray for you. I was in your spot ab

7. Lindsay Hansen says:

Kenzie, I am praying for you – for your contentedness in the Lord, and your trust in Him that all good things come to those who trust in Him.

8. Katie Dobbins says:

Looking forward to finding more rest spiritually.