Mourning and Dancing Week 2
Episode 2 | Released November 25, 2019 Mourning and Dancing Week 2 with Special guest: John Greco
On this episode of the She Reads Truth podcast, founders Reachel Myers and Amanda Bible Williams, and She Reads Truth content director, John Greco, go in-depth about the tension of the “already and not yet” of the gospel. How do we find beauty in brokenness? How does God enter into our trials? How do we give thanks when we are suffering?
Amanda, Raechel, and John talk about the first Thanksgiving and how the holiday has been a delicate dance of celebration and sorrow from the start. Amanda remembers what it felt like to give thanks while her 4-year-old son was on life support. And the group discusses the right-now and future hope we have in Jesus.
Read with Us:
Open Your Bibles: (passages referenced in this episode)
- Who Was at the First Thanksgiving? (History.com article)
- “You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you. It is easy to say you believe a rope to be strong and sound as long as you are merely using it to cord a box. But suppose you had to hang by that rope over a precipice. Wouldn’t you then first discover how much you really trusted it?” ―C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed
- “No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.” —C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed
- “Fidelity to the Word of God and not to an outcome.” —Lore Ferguson Wilbert
- Squanto and the Miracle of Thanksgiving by Eric Metaxas
- Names of God study book
- Attributes of God study book
- A Thrill of Hope: Advent 2019 — SRT Advent plan begins Sunday, 12/1
- Toby at home on the sofa with the dog (and Sister!)
Raechel’s Thanksgiving Day Gantt chart