Weekly Truth

Open Your Bible

Psalm 77:11–12

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry the good news of Jesus with us wherever we go.

Throughout this plan, one of the ways we will practice remembrance is by committing our key passage to memory. We will use different Scripture memorization tools to fill our hearts and minds with the truth of God’s Word.

Read the passage out loud several times. Circle or highlighting the words that stand out to you. Then read the passage again, emphasizing each word you noted

I will remember the LORD’s works; yes, I will remember your ancient wonders. I will reflect on all you have done and meditate on your actions.
—Psalm 77:11–12

(21) Comments
[x]

21 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Natasha R says:

To those having issues with the app, I am getting the purchase error issue as well. I have reported it to SRT but have not received a reply.

1. Hannah Lamb says:

Hey there! Unfortunately, we are still experiencing a glitch in our app that isn’t allowing People of Remembrance to download. We encourage you to keep checking back on the app for updates. In the meantime, feel free to read along through our website until we are able to get this issue fixed – https://shereadstruth.com/plans/people-of-remembrance/.

2. Mari V says:

@SEARCHING…. you’re so sweet, it’s all good!

3. Julia C says:

Dear Father,

You are faithful. Thank you for fulfilling your promises.

You are merciful. Thank you for your infinite grace.

You are our Savior. Thank you for saving us from our sins.

You are our provision. In Christ we have everything we need.

Thank you for your Word, where you reveal your love to us.

May we remember and praise you for who you are.

AMEN.

4. Julia C says:

Dear sisters, continued prayers for:

JASMINE H & EVERS – that God may provide your husbands with jobs.

C, ARLENE, KATYA, TERESA DONLEY, TRACI GENDRON- that you may feel God’s love and peace. He is with you always.

GRAMSIESUE, LYNNE FROM AL, LINDA IN NY, LAUREN GW – that God may heal your husbands and give you His strength in taking care of your husbands.

THERESA – Healing for Arlo and peace of mind for you. MARINA – healing for Jaime. MARTHA HIX – healing for your friend Jesse. SHARON JERSEY GIRL – healing for your cousin Steve. ADRIENNE – healing for Sharon. KAREN ELIZABETH – healing for Kailand and Cathie.

MARI V – praying for your friend Michelle as she mourns the loss of her father John.

ALAYNA – that you may be filled with God’s love, peace and presence as you mourn the loss of your brother.

FOSTER MAMA, HEIDI, GWINETH52 – may God give you energy and rest.

SHARON, JERSEY GIRL – That God may give you the right words to proclaim the gospel to Steve and Valerie.

A WALTON – any news on your housing situation?

I hope I don’t forget anyone… thankfully God doesn’t forget. He knows what you need, dear sisters. Have a wonderful Sunday!

5. Heather O'Malley says:

A couple of helpful tips for memorizing scripture that have helped me. One, the Verses app. It is a paid app, but I think it’s only $4.99/year. I’ve given up social media for Lent, and so I’m going to try to open Verses more regularly instead of Instagram. Another idea I just learned about is to write out the first letter of each word of the verse to trigger your memory for the words. So, for Psalm 77:11, you would write out:
    IWRTDOTL
    YIWRYWOO

Have a blessed Sunday She’s!

6. Cee Gee says:

ADRIENNE – I meant to mention the song title! Thank you for sharing the special memory the song has for you! ❤

GREAT ARE YOU LORD
    by All Sons and Daughters.

You have brought a chuckle for me, too, on occasion.

I was reminded of this verse this week and I think I will add it to my sheet of memory verses.
    “A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.”
    Proverbs 17:22 NKJV

Accidentally posted on yesterday!

7. Adrienne says:

I see a lot of what He has done in just these two verses. It is never ME but always HIM!

Be blessed today, sweet sisters!

8. Cee Gee says:

I have been working on Scripture memorization for years without much success. I realized this week that part of the problem is disorganization. I jot verses down in notebooks intending to review or rewrite and quickly forget to do that.
    This week of study has convicted me about that so the past couple of days I have been choosing verses from this week’s reading and putting them together on a ‘flyer’ that I can post on the fridge.
    If anyone is interested in seeing it I will gladly share (with RHONDA J’s permission!) on the FB page. I hope this will help me to REMEMBER! By the way, this is one of the verses I added yesterday. ❤

Oh, TINA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY (is this 0LLIE, the little one we prayed for a while back?!) I, like your sister, often mention making memories in my birthday greetings and trip farewells. Even more special in your sister’s case! ❤

Praying for a wonderful day of reflection (remembrance) and worship for each SHE SISTER. ❤

LINDA IN NC – ❤