Weekly Truth

Open Your Bible

Hebrews 12:1-2

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry the good news of Jesus with us wherever we go.

For this reading plan, we’ve worked on memorizing Hebrews 12:1–2. Test your memory by reciting the passage out loud several times. As you recite, reflect on the encouragement to endure in faith as Christ has endured on our behalf.

Therefore, since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every hindrance and the sin that so easily ensnares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. For the joy that lay before him, he endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
—Hebrews 12:1–2

Download our app to get a lock screen for your phone so you can read these words throughout the day.

(25) Comments
[x]

25 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Susan Lincks says:

God is great

2. Cee Gee says:

KAT D, I love what you added and had the same thought of Jesus running along side and waiting for me at the finish line!

3. Kat D says:

“I am responsible for staying in my lane and keeping my focus on Jesus.”. Thank you for these words Cee Gee.

If you are a spectator, remember it is not your race. Make sure your words cheer and encourage others. Show them Gods love, grace, and mercy. Remember that Jesus is their coach and ours.

4. Claire B says:

♥️

5. Alyssa Chang says:

Happy Sunday everyone! This is my first time reading and using this app. Looking forward to the future!

6. Alayna P. says:

I loved reading Hebrews! This is my first time and its been such a blessing. I’m especially glad we read it right after Leviticus and seeing how they tie together. Happy Sunday everyone ❤️

7. Kimberly Z says:

@Angie Mills just wanted to let you know I loved your post yesterday to Taylor about being single. As I’ve mentioned before I am uncomfortably single 31 year old right now and I hate the feeling of potentially being alone forever. I appreciate your take on it and pray that I can find that contentment in being single. You are a light to others!

8. Mercy says:

Have a blessed Sunday dear beautiful sisters. Warmest birthday wishes to you dear Traci! Happy belated birthday dear Taylor! May you shine and blossom every day. Thank you Rhonda J. and Searching for your sweet encouragement, love you sisters. Mari, I would love some California weather, we got 10 inches of snow this weekend, below zero here, -12 celcius (10F), but by God’s grace no wind chills. May you all enjoy the Lord’s Day with increasing thankfulness and continuing hope. Be blessed dear sisters.