Day 7

Weekly Truth

from the Amen & Amen reading plan

Psalm 40:3

BY She Reads Truth

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry His Word with us wherever we go.

The key passage for this reading plan is Psalm 40:1–3. Throughout the remainder of this reading plan, we will memorize verse 3, David’s song of thanksgiving for God’s deliverance. We will start with the first two lines. Since the psalms were meant to be sung, try adding a tune of your own as you commit this verse to memory.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and they will trust in the LORD.
—Psalm 40:3

Download our app to get a lock screen for your phone so you can read these words throughout the day.

30 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Stormi Messmer says:

❤️

2. Allison Bentley says:

Mercy- try reading forgiving what you can’t forget by Lysa Turkhurst. Very good!!

3. Victoria E says:

Churchmouse! So happy to see you back here as well! I’m so happy to be back here with you all I missed you sisters. Praise report / we finally sold our house despite the housing market totally crashing right now. Praise God for His providence. As an aside I’m really looking forward to the day when we all commune and worship together in Heaven ! Ashleigh H, praying for you tonight.

4. Beth S says:

I instantly thought of the song Psalm 40 by Newsong (for anyone wanting a tune to go with it). Hope that helps. Be blessed today :)

5. TIna says:

Dear CHURCHMOUSE, sister… my heart sings to see you here, once more. Will be praying for continued answers to prayer re health issues within your family and for you..
    God sure has put a new song in my mouth today.
    Praising Him for you and yours dear Churchmouse. ❤

6. Mercy says:

Churchmouse so happy to see you.❤️ I will pray for your health.
    I want to share a testimony. A while back when SRT asked us, what would you like us to pray for you. I asked for my mom’s relationship with me to be prayed for. It was on my mind a lot. And it has been a continual process of me walking through the hurt and misunderstandings. And one time in the comments, someone mentioned that Blessed are the peacemakers, and peacemakers go out of the peace zone to make peace. And that spoke straight to me. I started seeing though I was hurt by the war caused by her, I need to come and make peace still. I have a part to play. I gathered my courage to venture out, with lots of prayers asking God to help and cover me, to approach my mom again who shut herself out. And God told me this, the truth I spoke to her cut her deep too. So allow her space for healing from the sharp truth that cuts people. Which is another perspective I never considered for her. Though it was not my intention to hurt, the Word of God can hurt when it corrects or convicts people. Praise God for His wise counsel. Then I started to have small talks to warm up with her, slowly. If I never messaged her (she lives overseas), she woule never message me. I sent baby pictures of my little daughter to engage her to speak and spark joy in our conversations, to show her I had good intentions to connect, and then she started to share the details of her life and our relatives. And after months and months I saw the change of heart in her tremendously. So today I want to give God praise and a big thank you for the wisdom and faithfulness that all of you dear she’s have faithfully fed me through your insights and comments. God is slowly healing my relationship and the deep wounds from decades back with my mom. And He lifted the pain and the fear rooted deep in me since childhood. I can approach her now with a bit of joy and peace. Praise God. May God bless you all and may He heal any difficult relationships in your life to bring you joy, peace, restoration and wholeness on all levels. Be blessed dear sisters.

7. Grayson Chatfield says:

So happy that you are back! Praying for continued healing for you and your family!

8. Kelly (NEO) says: