Weekly Truth

Open Your Bible

Psalm 40:3

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry His Word with us wherever we go.

The key passage for this reading plan is Psalm 40:1–3. Throughout the remainder of this reading plan, we will memorize verse 3, David’s song of thanksgiving for God’s deliverance. We will start with the first two lines. Since the psalms were meant to be sung, try adding a tune of your own as you commit this verse to memory.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and they will trust in the LORD.
—Psalm 40:3

Download our app to get a lock screen for your phone so you can read these words throughout the day.

(30) Comments
[x]

30 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Alayna P. says:

❤️

2. Tricia C says:

Welcome back Churchmouse! You’ve been missed. Thanking God for His faithfulness!
    Blessings dear Sisters!

3. Churchmouse says:

Many health issues impacting my family and myself have caused me to drop off She Reads Truth. I have been faithful in Bible reading, study and prayer from other sites so that I might share that experience with new believers who chose an introduction to Bible study and asked me to help. Most of the family health issues are resolving (covid, long covid, pneumonia etc) for which I am so grateful to God. He has been ever present through it all. He’s so good! I spent today catching up with all the Scriptures and devotions for the past week so I am now where you all have been. Excited to be back. Glad you all left the Light on for me!

1. Victoria L says:

Church mouse, so happy to see you’re back!

4. Lori Lackey says:

I am trusting in this song. It is difficult to put words to what I am currently going through.

5. Susan Lincks says:

Amen

6. Mari V says:

Good morning sisters! It’s a gorgeous cool morning in northern California, the cool before the heat comes later. But I’m kind of weird. I love the heat of Summer. as I sit here I think of all of you i’m so thankful and blessed to be part of this beautiful community.

7. Brandi says:

@JenniferlovesJesus – beautiful. Thank you. ❤️

8. Jennifer Loves Jesus says:

“He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God” (Psalm 40:3a). A beautiful song doesn’t come easy. But when I tune my difficulties to Jesus, there comes the sweetest sound. He carries the weight of the melody as the notes of trust and hope flow. Like the 3 strings of my dulcimer must be tightened and tuned to DAD, I smile and let my soul be tuned by the hands of my Father GOD. I never made that connection until just now. How sweet He is. When my heart tunes to the refrains of the Holy Spirit, His song of new mercy is in my mouth, and I will sing with my life as a testimony to God. I pray that my song sounds good to the ears that hear. I pray that the heart strings around me will tune to Jesus and sing with me. Selah. Maranatha. Amen