Weekly Truth

from the Lent 2020: His Love Endures reading plan

Jeremiah 31:33

BY She Reads Truth

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry the good news of the gospel of Jesus with us wherever we go.

This week we will memorize the key verse for the book of Jeremiah, a verse that describes God’s plan to establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and Judah.

“I will put my teaching within them and write it on their hearts. I will be their God,
and they will be my people.”
—Jeremiah 31:33b

Save the image below as a lock screen for your phone so you can read these words throughout the day.

34 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Tasha says:

Erin, I struggle with memorization too. Seeing the verse over and over helps me. I put them on Post It Notes on my bathroom mirror and other places. Having it on my lock screen is good idea I am going to try. I also draw pictures related to the words or verse as a whole. I remember pictures better so it helps me visualize the words. Any verse that is part of a song is also helpful to my memorization. I remember songs within problem.

2. Churchmouse says:

It is a very personal and intimate thing that God does – putting His teaching within us and writing it on our very hearts. He marks us as His own. We are His. Nothing can change that. There is no love like His. He is everything and He is more than enough. How dare I feel less than when I am so chosen? How dare I believe the enemy’s lies when I have His Word, unchanging, immutable, and ever true? The enemy may use whatever means he chooses (social media, family history, habitual sins, doubts) to undermine me but I proclaim “I AM HIS. HE IS MINE. YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME. BE GONE. I AM A CHILD OF GOD, FORGIVEN AND FREE AND PROFOUNDLY LOVED. FOREVER. I BEAR HIS SEAL. I HAVE HIS HOLY SPIRIT. I AM VICTORIOUS. AND YOU ARE NOT AND NEVER WILL BE. GET THIS CLEAR: JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR. “

1. Cristina Higgins says:

And all God’s children said, AMEN!

2. Melanie Rastrelli says:

❤️❤️❤️

3. Lizzy G says:

Powerful words. I really needed this today. Thankful for your wisdom!

3. Stephie Gray says:

God never gives up on us!

4. Erin MacNeill says:

I also wanted to ask on here how you guys memorize scripture. It’s a spiritual discipline I need to work on and I haven’t found a technique that works well for me yet. Any ideas would be welcome!

1. Kaye Aber says:

Hi Erin! This is hard for me too…I sometimes can say it but then do not know the book/verse #. I have scripture posted all around my house now so I see it everyday: post it’s notes on my bathroom mirror, in my car, etc. but if I really want to learn them I wrote it out on a notecard and carry it in my pocket throughout the day and whenever I get a break I read over it. I like the SRT cards that come with the book because those can fit anywhere. Don’t get discouraged!!!

1. Sheridan Stephenson says:

Hi Erin! Something I’ve started doing is writing the first letter of each word in the verse on my hand or on my wrist so every time I look at them during the day I recite the verse! For example with this verse ( IWPMTWTAWIOTH. IWBTG, ATWBMP.)

2. ChappyBeach Girl says:

I struggle with this so much. It is so frustrating to me!! I don’t know what has changed, but I was so much better at in in my teens and

3. ChappyBeach Girl says:

There is a Bible memory app that helps, too!

4. ChappyBeach Girl says:

Ugh, sorry ladies, keeps posting before I’m ready – wish there was a way to edit – SRT?!
      Anyway, I feel you. I think it is a focus thing for me. The Bible apps help, as does posting it all over – including my car so I can read it out loud at stop lights. Keep on! I’m trying with you ❤️

5. Natasha R says:

Hi Erin, I use the app Verses. It works!

6. Jennifer Anapol says:

Erin, I struggle too with memorization. I have this great app called bible memory that helps me:)

5. Erin MacNeill says:

This is such a powerful passage. Today’s verse really shows that though Israel’s love and devotion for the Lord had strayed far away, His love for us had not. To me it’s crazy that the God who created the universe stayed with His people and created a covenant to rescue us, despite the fact that we are so unworthy.

6. Tina says:

Oooooh, I just had a tingling all over… that God would put his teaching within me and write it on my heart…
    Here I am Lord..here is my heart..❤
    Be my God, and let me be your people..

Thank you Lord God.. thank you…

Beautiful Sunday sisters, BE BLESSED!❤

7. J D says:

It stood out to me how many times the passage says, “I will…” God does all the work to make us his people.

1. Blake Ennis says:

Amen…it is Gods work in us, not our work of willing God’s works to fit our square molds

8. Ariel Harris says:

It is comforting that God is the one who calls us from the slavery of sin into a life of freedom, so this he calls, he equips. I kind of love that.