Day 8

The Second Sunday of Advent

Isaiah 35:1-2

BY She Reads Truth

For the remainder of this reading plan, we will spend the Sundays before and after Christmas lingering in the longing, waiting, and expectation of the season by reading a short passage from Scripture.

The wilderness and the dry land will be glad;
the desert will rejoice and blossom like a wildflower.
It will blossom abundantly
and will also rejoice with joy and singing.
The glory of Lebanon will be given to it,
the splendor of Carmel and Sharon.
They will see the glory of the LORD,
the splendor of our God.
—Isaiah 35:1–2

80 thoughts on "The Second Sunday of Advent"

1. alexis ellermann says:

M

2. MaryGrace Morrison says:

❤️❤️❤️

3. Ruby Hunter says:

❤️❤️❤️

4. Nancy Becraft says:

❤️❤️❤️

5. Nancy Becraft says:

I love this song!!!❤️❤️

6. Lehua K. says:

I’m slowly catching up on the readings…
    thank you for praying for me, my hormones, and my husband’s salvation <3

This season has been a whirlwind and at times, it's also felt incredibly lonely. But I know God is with me. Sometimes it's a struggle but I strive to hear His gentle whispers throughout the day in the midst of the noise and busyness. I've been working on renewing my mind daily and spending more time in God's Word, in devotionals, Abide meditations to help me sleep.. it's like a hunger to stay full of spiritual resources and around encouraging people, because otherwise I'll distract myself with worldly things and toxic influences. I've also been longing to serve at one of our holiday service projects at church but for some reason it's been difficult to get ahold of someone to join in. Praying that I will connect with someone soon. Blessings to you all for a lovely week.

7. GramsieSue says:

I did want to share with all of you ladies this morning.
    “There is one thing that all of us sufferers share in common, no matter how big or small our pain: none of us are good at suffering! None of us has the ability to endure hardship with hope and joy. But the secret to slowly becoming a hope-filled, joyful sufferer is shockingly simple (not easy, but simple). I go to God. Again and again and again. And again.”
    This is from the book “In the Hands of a Fiercely Tender God” by Colleen Chao.
    I would recommend this book to anyone who feels overwhelmed by the journey they are going through.
    I know that God is always with me and I will not be shaken for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. (Psalm 16:8)
    Thankful for your safety Jennifer Loves Jesus.
    Blessings to all. ❤️