Day 16

The Household of Faith

from the This Is the Church reading plan

Matthew 12:46-50, John 1:10-13, Ephesians 1:3-6, 1 John 3:1-2, Romans 8:15-17, Galatians 3:24-26, Galatians 3:29, 1 Timothy 3:15

BY She Reads Truth

Since 2012, She Reads Truth has maintained a singular mission: to be women in the Word of God every day. Ten years later, our community includes “Shes” from across the globe, but our mission hasn’t changed.

Reading Scripture together is the centerpiece of what we do at She Reads Truth. As we spend time as a community reading This Is The Church, we encourage you to start by reading the daily Scripture on your  own. Then join us here to engage and encourage one another as we respond to what we’ve read. Each day for this series, we’ll include a brief summary of the reading along with a prompt for conversation.

The Church is a spiritual family, God’s household, made up of men, women, and children adopted as coheirs with Christ.

Discussion Question: In what ways have you noticed God working in you and your faith community during this reading plan?

Take time to reflect on your Scripture reading and today’s question. Share what you are learning with others in the community in the comments.

111 thoughts on "The Household of Faith"

1. Meagan Warlick says:

Leslie, I agree!! Sometimes it’s really easy for me and my husband to push off joining our church’s dream team because our schedules are too busy, but Godly community is so important to have! It gives you those relationships to turn to when you need your faith to be strengthened or reminded of God’s promises.

2. Janie Diffly says:

The Spirit brings to mind my prayers so earnest for my first born, a son, for him to grow up to be a man of God! What a hard journey it’s been for him and us, but I still see God’s hand molding him (for he has a strong will)- 38 years later! My Father in heaven is probably saying the same of me- 65 years later!

3. Leslie Rios says:

I need to be intentional about building relationships with other church members. Its important. I wish it didn’t feel like so much work and one more thing to add to the schedule.

4. Maddie Jones says:

I’m not too sure where I would find my church community, but I hope I do, whether that’s at school or at home.

5. Maddie Jones says:

In this season, I can feel God pulling me towards community. However, this is kind of difficult because I will be moving back to school in a month and a half. I’m

6. Maddie Jones says:

This was absolutely beautiful and so inspirational! I’m so glad you found a community, which is something that has really been on my heart for me to do lately as well. Thank you for sharing!! ❤️❤️❤️

7. Maddie Jones says:

Amen! I pray that God cares for both of you and guides you in this season.

8. Julie Wojcik says:

Wow Jesus is working in you! Praying that you will continue to be encouraged by His Word as you parent your new baby. Amen.