The Bride of Christ

Open Your Bible

Ephesians 5:15-32, Revelation 19:6-9, Revelation 21:2-11, Revelation 22:17, Revelation 22:20

Since 2012, She Reads Truth has maintained a singular mission: to be women in the Word of God every day. Ten years later, our community includes “Shes” from across the globe, but our mission hasn’t changed.

Reading Scripture together is the centerpiece of what we do at She Reads Truth. As we spend time as a community reading This Is The Church, we encourage you to start by reading the daily Scripture on your  own. Then join us here to engage and encourage one another as we respond to what we’ve read. Each day for this series, we’ll include a brief summary of the reading along with a prompt for conversation.

Scripture illustrates the relationship between Christ and His Church through the imagery of a wedding. As the bridegroom, Christ loves, provides for, and sacrifices Himself for His bride, who responds to His love in preparation and submission.

Today, along with responding to the reading, share with the community in the comments why you wanted to engage with this reading plan. What are you hoping to learn more about?

(177) Comments
[x]

177 thoughts on "The Bride of Christ"

1. Kyle Hopkins says:

I joined the SRT community during the Lenten Ezekiel series and have been in my prayer chair ever since! I appreciate this study as a means to help me learn about the big C Church, which seems to have lost its way and gotten hijacked by politics. I’m especially interested in the Essentials, Non-Essentials, and Opinions (see page 30 of the study guide)- and how are, as a diverse AND unified body, can love each other, as Jesus loves us.

2. Kyle Hopkins says:

3. Andi Clark says:

Church hurt is real, praying you’ll find healing and a safe space to process through those wounds and heal.

4. Cindy Hodges says:

I needed a fresh reminder from the Word what the purpose of the Church is for.

5. Helen Amos says:

I believe that we are the church, beyond the confines of buildings and congregations, but that makes it hard as we are sinful people. I want to learn how to live in a way that shows others I follow Christ, not just meet in a building weekly. This study is helping me to see that my sanctification is important and God cares about the actions of each member of his church.

6. Anna Pearce says:

I chose to start reading because as a mother with a new baby I found it much harder to find time for the lengthy Bible studies like I used to do. Then I chose a plan at random and as always God gave me exactly what I needed. ❤️

7. Caitlin Bieniek says:

I started this plan because the last 3/4 years I have felt a pull away from the church. Not God/Jesus but the little churches in my area. I struggle with seeing what the churches are teaching but how it often contradicts what I read in the Bible. Learning who Jesus is and what the church should be I think would help ease my hesitation in going back to church. It would guide me to finding one that God wants me to go to.

8. Hannah Gilbert says:

I want to get back to the roots of what the Church is supposed to be because I feel like there are so many different ways people are going about it now a days. I want to be acting in the world as the Lord wants me to!