Our Savior’s Empty Tomb

Open Your Bible

Matthew 28:1-6

He is risen! Join us in reading this brief account of the empty tomb from Matthew 28. Save the image below as the lock screen for your phone so you can be reminded that everything has changed because of Jesus’s resurrection.

Hallelujah! The gospel is true!

(28) Comments
[x]

28 thoughts on "Our Savior’s Empty Tomb"

1. Stacey Wilson says:

J E S U S!

2. Julie Ray says:

He is Risen in deed!

Can you fathom the excitement of the angel that was charged with descending from heaven to roll the stone away!? Our Savior’s birth was announced by a host from heaven; His resurrection, by only one of those heavenly beings… And an earthquake and lightning! What a task to have!
    He is risen, come see the empty tomb!
    Praise God!

1. Deborah Whitted says:

3. Shawn Parks says:

I always envision the tomb from the outside looking in to see the emptiness, but I was struck by an passing .image on a video that I saw at a recent conference. My perspective has now changed as I read this scripture.
    It was my tomb. I was encased in He darkness of my sin. I had been trapped there since my birth wandering around in the cold in utter blackness unable to see or and nothing to hear in the stillness except my own wailing with no hope of escaping, when there was a sudden violent movement
    And I began to here a grating noise as on of the walls seemed to shift. At once, a sliver of piercing light broke into my dark world and blinded my eyes. I had never interacted with light but now my life could not be the same. As the light grew my eyes adjusted to the light I was able to see the truth for the first time! My heart was pounding loudly within my chest and my eyes that had lacked sight were now filled with tears of joy! My feet hesitantly stepped from my dark world into the warmth of the light. I was free from the darkness and enveloped in the light of life!
    Just this morning as I sit here and praise my risen savior, I realize he brought me out of my tomb of sin and sorrow into the light of his mercy and love.
    As my eyes began to focus and my feet became more secure beneath me, I saw Him. He beckoned me, “Come.” I ran with outstretched arms into his warm embrace! My Easter had come!
    Hallelujah! Amen!

1. Candi Salenieks says:

❤️❤️

4. Karen Bailey says:

What a wonderful day! Celebrating the resurrection of our Savior. Everything Jesus said is true! Hallelujah what a Savior!

5. Sue says:

Celebrating the resurrection power!

What that meant so long ago and what it means for me today.

Hallelujah, Christ has risen!

6. Churchmouse says:

Today is our youngest daughter’s 30th birthday. (Happy birthday, Kristin!) She is introduced me to She Reads Truth. What a gift she gave to me! I thank her and all of you for gathering here with open Bibles and open hearts. May we roll away whatever hinders us from spending time in His Word. And as we look at the empty tomb, may we always remember that His Word is forever true.

May we also pray today for our Christian brothers and sisters who are suffering following the terrorist attacks on three churches in Sri Lanka. They gathered to worship and celebrate our risen Lord. Now some are with Him in heaven. Holy Spirit, comfort the grieving. May justice prevail.

7. Churchmouse says:

He has risen just as He said.

Every promise in the Bible is trustworthy. All will come about because what Jesus says will be, will be. Nothing and no one can thwart His plan. The proof is in the empty tomb. He said that He would rise after three days. What a bold, incredible statement. The tomb stands empty – from day three even to April 21,2019. It will forever remain empty.

His Word is trustworthy and true.
    May we stand firm and proclaim the good news.

He is alive!
    Yesterday. Today. Forever.

1. Deb Keller says:

Church, May we declare it today and tomorrow’s. Amen and amen! Hallelujah!

8. Dana says: