Day 31

Joseph, Husband of Mary

from the The Genealogy of Jesus reading plan

Matthew 1:18-25, Matthew 2:1-23, Luke 2:41-50, Matthew 13:53-58

BY She Reads Truth

Start each day by reading the passages listed above. Then use the summary and reflection provided here to guide discussion around the daily reading.

Joseph was the husband of Mary and the adoptive earthly father of Jesus. Joseph appears mostly in the narratives surrounding Jesus’s birth and adolescence; the Gospels also tell us that he was the father of several other children through Mary and was a carpenter by trade.

In what ways do you connect or resonate with Joseph’s story?

38 thoughts on "Joseph, Husband of Mary"

1. Tasha Adams says:

Joseph was asked to take Mary and marry her even though he knew that he should because she was with child and baby was not his child. He showed so much faith and trust in God’s plans and feel that right now God is wanting me to trust Him in the middle of my questioning and worry.

2. Ashley White says:

❤️

3. Tanya Evans says:

Joseph:The Man Who Said Nothing is the the title of a sermon I stumbled across. Joseph was a doer of the Word and not a hearer only. The sermon by Jerry Vines stated, ” Joseph decided to be faithful to the Son of God. He linked his life to Jesus.He gave Jesus his name. He provided Jesus a home. Jesus taught Jesus a trade as a carpenter.” My take away is that Joseph’s obedience to God speaks volumes.

4. Mercy says:

**Correction: my aunt’s husband (my baby had a meltdown and I mistyped).

5. Mercy says:

Hello she’s, I hope you all are doing well. I missed you in past few days. A few points I gathered from today’s scriptures:

1-God’s directing our specific life actions through dreams (such as who to marry, when and where to move, and more…) like God did for Joseph. (Matthew 1:20) (Matthew 2:13) (Matthew 2:19-20).

2-There is protection in obedience what God directs, no matter how difficult and strange that direction might seem (marrying a pregnant girl, moving to Egypt out of all places).

3-Unbelief can hinder the mighty works of even the Son of God (Matthew 13:58). Heavenly Father, may you deliver us your children from any unbelief that is still lurking within our hearts that prevent our breakthroughs (healing, deliverance, salvation…)

Dear sisters, please pray for my aunt’s uncle, who just got diagnosed with cancer. They are unbelievers and they have history of cancer in the family line. They are still grieving their son who passed away tragically last year from leukemia, and now the dad is diagnosed with prostate cancer. My aunt had ovarian cancer and got treated successfully. Please pray that this generational pattern be destroyed and they will live/repent and come fully to God. Thank you so much ladies. Lifting up prayers along with our sisters who are faithful intercessors.

Be blessed dear sisters! With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26.

6. Adrianne says:

I connect the most with what I’m assuming to be Joseph’s confusion/astonishment at the situation of Mary being pregnant when she was a virgin. I would have been flabbergasted honestly. I’m glad he listened to the angel of the Lord and trusted in what he was told about Mary’s pregnancy. And that he kept listening each time he was warned about his families safety.

7. Sharon Jersey Girl says:

I think at first, Joseph doesn’t quite know what to make of his situation. He plans to put Mary away as not to cause her embarrassment. He meant well, but God had a different plan! How many times have I tried to go ahead of God, thinking I had to figure everything out, forgettinq that God is in control, He has a plan – so stop! And wait on Him! God always has a plan, and His ways are always best!!

Have a blessed Wednesday all!

8. Searching says: