She Reads Truth is hiring a Managing Editor to support the Editorial Director in content development for our biblically rooted reading plans. This employee helps meet our goals of precision and care in all our products and will work closely with the Editorial Director to ensure the team delivers projects on time and in line with our brand voice.
This is not an entry-level position. The person we’re looking for is experienced in project management and has knowledge of the Bible, the local church, and evangelical theology. Our Managing Editor must meet our standard of excellence while maintaining the health of our team, enjoy spirited discussion about the Bible, and be an enthusiastic collaborator in content development.
- Support the Editorial Director in content development from concept to delivery, including day-to-day editorial project management over the research, writing, and editing of reading plans, the development of products across the She Reads Truth family of brands, podcast planning, and other projects as assigned
- Participate in product brainstorming and vision casting with editorial and creative teams
- Conduct and oversee hand-off meetings, in which the editorial team presents creative and marketing teams with a completed reading plan, including themes, final content, and features
- Evaluate and edit written submissions from the internal team to deliver content to the Editorial Director in the SRT brand voice
- Serve as liaison between editorial and creative teams in the production of printed products
- Ensure brand standards and voice are upheld in all printed materials, overseeing the proofing process of all printed materials prior to printing
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Christian Studies, or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- High level of knowledge of the Bible and basic theological concepts (Bible college or seminary experience preferred, but not required)
- Minimum 2 years experience in print publishing
- Excellent copywriting, editing, proofreading, and research skills
- High attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for biblical, historical, and literary research
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once and thrive in a collaborative team environment
To Apply: Please only apply if you meet the above qualifications. Please send a cover letter and resumé to [email protected] with the subject line “MANAGING EDITOR: [YOUR NAME].” This is a full-time, on-site, position in Brentwood, TN. Applications requesting fully remote work will not be considered.
She Reads Truth is an equal opportunity employer.