Managing Editor, Digital
She Reads Truth is hiring a Managing Editor to oversee our company’s online devotional publishing and podcast operations under the direction of the editorial director. This employee will work closely with the editorial director to ensure that our digital content from outside writers and guests is delivered on time and in line with each of our reading plans. To be considered for this job, you must have excellent writing and editing skills, along with strong organizational skills and insight into the evangelical space for suggesting podcast guests and work-for-hire devotional writers.
This is not an entry-level position. The person we’re looking for is experienced in project management, has a depth of theological knowledge as well as an awareness of different denominational approaches within the evangelical space. Our Digital Managing Editor must strive to meet our standard of excellence while maintaining team health, and enjoy collaborating both digitally and in person.
The Digital Managing Editor will…
- Contribute to editorial meetings surrounding the content creation of reading plans
- Serve as liaison between SRT/HRT and our outside contributors
- Thoughtfully assign devotional content to outside writers based on the needs of each content day
- Recruit new writers for SRT and HRT devotional content
- Evaluate writer assignments and provide developmental and theological edits to devotional content
- Plan and maintain a digital content calendar to ensure we meet deadlines for podcast and devotional content
- Work with logistics team in planning and booking podcast guests
- Prepare research notes in line with team reading plans for our podcast hosts
- Ensure digital content is compliant with our policies, style, and tone
- Write SEO snippets for daily devotional content and ensure final content is properly loaded to WordPress
- Write devotional content and theological content for our printed products, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English or related field
- Seminary degree preferred
- Minimum two years proven experience as managing editor of online content or relevant role
- Excellent copywriting, editing, proofreading, and research skills
- Proven ability in planning and coordinating people and content
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliable and efficient
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of biblical literacy and theological familiarity
- Enthusiasm for biblical, historical, and literary research
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and thrive in a collaborative team environment
To Apply: Please only apply if you meet the above qualifications. Please send a cover letter, resumé, and writing samples to [email protected] with the subject line “Digital Managing Editor: [YOUR NAME].” This is a full-time, on-site position located in Brentwood, TN. Applications for remote work will not be considered.
She Reads Truth is an equal opportunity employer.