Our team is looking for an associate editor with a positive attitude, teachable spirit, and strong work ethic. The editorial team provides biblically rooted, broadly evangelical content to women, men, and children through a variety of platforms.
This employee will work with our team in crafting accessible and excellent Scripture resources, with both a keen eye for detail and awareness of how different aspects of a project fit together to inform the entire experience. This role is designed for a collaborative and skilled writer, someone who is passionate about the Bible and will uphold our standard for precision and care in everything they do. Our newest associate editor is someone who enjoys taking ownership of research, presenting ideas, and receiving feedback from a team.
In your cover letter, please speak to your experience with content creation, research, and receiving edits.
Writing, Editing, and Research
- Researching and writing Scripture content, theological extras, devotionals, and related content to support company content needs
- Developing Bible reading plans under the direction of department leadership
- Editing and proofreading She Reads Truth, He Reads Truth, and Kids Read Truth products at various stages of development
- Contributing to the development of ancillary products, as assigned
- Providing editorial support to marketing and customer service
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and research skills
- Understanding of, and appreciation for, the She Reads Truth and He Reads Truth sensibility, brand, aesthetic, and mission
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- High attention to detail
- Two to four years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the Bible and basic theological concepts (Bible college or some seminary experience a plus, but not required)
- Experience in print publishing a plus
To Apply: Please only apply if you meet the above qualifications. Please send a cover letter, resumé, and writing samples to [email protected] with the subject line “Associate Editor: [YOUR NAME].” This is a full-time, on-site position located in Brentwood, TN. Applications for remote work will not be considered.
She Reads Truth is an equal opportunity employer.