Day 13

Grace Day

from the Ezra reading plan

Psalm 130:3-4

BY She Reads Truth

Take this day to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

LORD, if you kept an account of iniquities,
Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
so that you may be revered.
—Psalm 130:3–4

Weekly She Reads Truth podcast episodes correspond to the current community reading plan.

Click here to listen to this week’s episode.

25 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Adrienne says:

News on Leo…

He is not doing well. Latest MRI shows that there is deeper brain injury than doctors thought. Keep praying, sweet She’s! Brooke and Josh had not found a place to rent, as of Thursday.

CEE GEE… they are from Janesville.

2. Karrie says:

Thank u all for your prayers for my aunt. I’ve been a couple days behind in this study so I haven’t posted an update. She started chemo 10 days ago and she is very very sick. She seems to be experiencing the worst of the side effects they mentioned that could possibly happen. She will have chemo until February. But the docs r hopeful so we continue to stay positive and take each day as a blessing that they caught it before it was too late.

3. Mari V says:

Forgiveness and Grace. Even when we don’t deserve it, it’s freely given by Heavenly Father. I know we beat ourselves up! I know we do. I know I do! But I also know that my Jesus forgives us, forgives me, even when I don’t deserve it. That’s why it’s called GRACE. Happy Saturday sweet She’s!

4. HL says:

I love that you all chose the Worthy of Praise study. That was my first study when I started doing SRT. It will be wonderful to revisit it 6 years later. ❤️

5. Cee Gee says:

LAURA – Love your comment and how you and your husband are standing firm in the midst of your yearning. Praying that the posting on HRT will reach someone who needs it!

6. Lynne from Alabama says:

Good morning, sweet SRT sisters!

SHARON, JERSEY GIRL—How is Arian doing? I am praying for Martha and Germain. So sad! This same thing happened to a precious family in our church recently. It is devastating!

DAWN PRENATT—I’m so glad that you are growing as a new believer and I loved the question you asked about idols. Very thought provoking! I think it was our sweet sister SEARCHING that mentioned patting ourselves on the back and thinking at least I don’t do what “she” does. When my children were small and I was involved in a dozen things at church I struggled with spiritually patting myself on the back and saying look at all I do. Yikes! That’s a dangerous place to be!

LAURA—I continue to pray that God will strengthen you and your husband and bring your children back to the Lord. I commend you for not changing your views to accept things that aren’t Biblical just because your children are involved in them. I have friends on both sides of that issue. Some have decided to accept what they know is against God’s plan simply because their kids are involved. Sad!

ADRIENNE—I am praying for Leo and his family. May God work miracles in this situation.

GRAMIESUE—I’m praying God’s comfort and peace for your friend Lyle. I’m so glad Steve is doing well!

LINDA IN NC—How has this week in the new place been? Is your husband handling the move okay?

MICHELLE PATIRE—Thank you for your prayers! How are things at home?

I appreciate all your prayers for Jack and I and for my friend Gina. Please pray for my sister Donna. She was diagnosed with dementia this week. It’s quite a blow to all of us.

See you all on Monday in our Worthy of Praise study! ❤️

7. Cee Gee says:

SEARCHING – Great responses to SHE comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your insight. I don’t do that well. I think it, but don’t deliver like you (and other SHES!) are gifted to do. ❤

A couple of highlights from Enduring Word that really spoke to me:
    -There is forgiveness with You: “And when God once speaks forgiveness, it can never be unspoken. Fear and doubt and misgiving may question, but cannot revoke it.” (Meyer)

“The word rendered ‘forgiveness’…. literally means cutting off, and so suggests the merciful surgery by which the cancerous tumour is taken out of the soul.” (Maclaren)

Yes, this Ezra study along with all of the insightful comments and questions has been SO GOOD and profitable for my relationship with the Father! THANK YOU, SRT, for being a blessing!!!

ADRIENNE: Praying for Leo and family, his care team, and search for a house. What town are they from? My husband is from Wisconsin.

GRAMIE SUE – Thankful for Steve’s good news and pray he stays on that track! Praying for Lyle during this time of great sorrow and praying for you and Steve as you seek ways to minister to him.

SHARON, JG – Prayers for the Perez family and that they can lean on God and godly friends during this tragic time.

Lifting each SHE in prayer! ❤

Looking forward to Worthy of Praise next 2 weeks; I love singing songs and praise and the way the words get embedded in my heart and soul!

8. Cheryl Blow says:

I’m thankful for the Lord’s forgiveness! I’m in awe of how the Creator of the Universe will still see me and live me.