Grace Day

Open Your Bible

Psalm 130:3-4

Take this day to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

LORD, if you kept an account of iniquities,
Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
so that you may be revered.
—Psalm 130:3–4

Weekly She Reads Truth podcast episodes correspond to the current community reading plan.

Click here to listen to this week’s episode.

(25) Comments
[x]

25 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Aimee D-R says:

So grateful for Your Grace Lord God!

2. Laura says:

I accidentally posted my comment for yesterday in HRT comment section. I am reposting it here:
    “As for me and my family, we will worship the Lord.” My husband and I were part of a weekend retreat where you were to come up with a family slogan, or saying to represent your family’s values. This was the one we kept coming back to, so although simple and obvious, perhaps, from a Christian perspective, it is so very important for our family to remember. As I have shared, my daughter and son are both deep in rebellion against Biblical values and because of that have recognized that they do not belong with the family. It’s hard, no wrenching, to have two family members who have rejected the faith that they grew up with and are going in the total opposite direction. Because of this rebellion, they do not join with our family. I used to feel a lot of guilt about that, and think, maybe we should lower our standards so that they come back. “Love them back to the faith” so to speak. But my husband has stood strong, and I have searched the Lord’s wisdom as well and have come to realize that this separation is in God’s will. I have felt peace about it, even though my heart is sad every day. This part of Ezra really speaks to me, because God takes sin seriously (as we should) and places a hedge around His people to keep it out. That is how I have described what is happening in our family. We have placed a hedge around our family, and our two rebellious children do not feel comfortable crossing it, nor do we want them to think that what they are doing is God-honoring. Separation is hard, but sometimes it is necessary for true repentance and turning back. I pray every day that that repentance comes and also pray for myself and my husband that any sinful decision we make about this situation will be revealed to us. Thank you to all the sisters here who continue to pray for our family. It means a lot.

3. Dea Pedley says:

Sorry didn’t mean that first face

4. Searching says:

Studying Ezra was so good, so convicting, so encouraging! One comment on the pagan wives we read about yesterday – there were tens of thousands of captives that returned and only a handful with pagan wives on the list at the end of chapter 10 – which to me says the majority of the pagan wives had became believers in God. There were a slew of foreign wives overall for the interviews to take 3 months (started 1st day of 10th month and finished 1st day of 1st month).

JENNIFER ANAPOL – ❤️ “a big part of Christian life is continually coming back to God” Amen.
    TERESA DONLEY – liked your forgiveness comment and agree on secular novels. I have pretty much gotten away from them, or away from any that aren’t designated Christian or at least “clean” and sometimes even those aren’t clean (started one recently that was in the Christian category and a few pages in, there was a word that I had to read twice because I couldn’t believe what I was seeing). In clearing out my bookshelves, I’ve tossed many into the recycle bin rather than donate to break the cycle of at least that copy.
    MERCY – great comment on identifying idols (thank you DAWN PRENATT for the question). I think pride is the most powerful of idols, or maybe tied with greed – especially when I’ve patted my own back for thinking, well at least I don’t do what that church woman does. So important that you and others commented on idolizing leaders in ministry as that cuts 2 ways by distracting us from relying and focusing on God, and feeds the pride of leaders (who may already be puffed up from “their” accomplishments for God’s kingdom) which leads to all sorts of evil. And regarding teaching by leaders, if it goes against God’s word, it’s not from Him.
    GRAMSIESUE- yes, when we wander the farthest … amen. Praying for Lyle in his grief.
    CEE GEE – Amen! Asking forgiveness because we should rather than out of true repentance. Stone caught my eye too and brought to mind Christ being the one true cornerstone. ❤️
    KRIS ❤️

Praying through requests, including –
    SHARON JERSEY GIRL – Perez family, heartbreaking!
    ADRIENNE – praying for Shari’s request, for her grandnephew Leo’s traumatic brain injury (healing, wisdom for medical team) and his family – comfort, strength and provision of housing in Phoenix.

5. Kelly (NEO) says:

Thank You, Lord for the forgiveness You offer through Jesus. May I continue to seek it and find Your restoring love.

LEHUA K, ERB, SARA D, DOROTHY, CHURCHMOUSE & JENNIFER LOVES JESUS – praying you are ok.

ADRIENNE – praying for Shari, Leo and his parents to see God’s hand in the whole heartbreaking situation.

SHARON, JERSEY GIRL – May God give the Perez family His peace in the tragic loss of their son.

DAWN PRENATT – welcome to God’s family! “Keep opening your Bible” and let the Lord teach and mold you into the image of His Son.

GRAMSISUE- prayers for Lyle and his family as they mourn the death of his wife. May you and Steve be agents of God’s peace to them.

6. Searching says:

SISTERS – SRT’s fall schedule includes 4 Grace Weeks that start Monday, Sept 18 – for each of us to choose a study, finish a study, etc. SRT suggests Deuteronomy or Joshua (each are 28 days).
    Several of us (awesome!) are going to do 2 14-day studies together (thanks to a good friend’s idea) – “Worthy of Praise” first and then (most likely) “The Beatitudes”.
    You can find either of these by searching in your browser She Reads Truth plus the title of the study. If you can’t find them, post that and I’ll try to show a link. I’ve bookmarked them on my device for easy access each day. We’ll start Worthy of Praise Monday, 9/18.
    Yes, we will still be able to comment and can tell when current comments start by their dates.

Just a side note – when someone suggested SRT to me when I was looking for an online study in 2017, I didn’t realize there were “current” studies. I just looked through the list and picked one, and then started doing the current ones once I figured things out. In looking through various studies for Grace Weeks, I checked comment dates to see when each study had been “current” – it was so great to see a lot of comments from sisters that studied “after the fact.”
    Thank you SRT for these making these resources available. They continue to be a tool to draw women to Christ, encourage them, aid in understanding and much more … long after initially written.

7. Caroline Bridges says: