Grace Day

from the Psalm 119 reading plan

Psalm 19:7-8

BY She Reads Truth

Take this day to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

The instruction of the LORD is perfect,
renewing one’s life;
the testimony of the LORD is trustworthy,
making the inexperienced wise.
The precepts of the LORD are right,
making the heart glad;
the command of the LORD is radiant,
making the eyes light up.
—Psalm 19:7-8

27 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Mari V says:

❤️this! Happy Saturday to all of you!!

2. ADB says:

Praying for you Rachel.

3. Rachel Brasington says:

Please pray for a peaceful and grounded mind as I approach labor after my due date, with a home birth… it is my 5th birth but first at home and I tend to be anxious and allow my mind to wander from His goodness from the pain. Thanks friends

1. Bethany Anne Robinson says:

Blessings to you, mama! The Lord be with you and your little one ♡

2. Mari V says:

Prayed and praying for you Rachael.

3. Rita Ann says:

Praying for you Rachel, your new blessing, and your family.

4. Maddy Pearson says:

Praying for you, Rachel!

4. Jane says:

I am a teacher of struggling readers and will soon be returning to school (at least that’s what I’m hearing right now). It looks like masks will be required. I was thinking about how important my eyes will be this year in communicating with my little ones. Then I reread part of today’s scripture – “The command of the Lord is radiant, making the eyes light up.” This is my prayer: Light up my eyes through Your word to communicate Your love to my students.

1. Kathy Mullis says:

Amen.

2. Angela Nelson says:

Oh my goodness. I love that so much, Jane! I am a teacher too, and I love your take on this verse as it relates to the new reality of masks we find ourselves in. Thank you for your insight and perspective!

5. Nancy Singleton says:

I agree with you, Churchmouse, wholeheartedly!

6. Churchmouse says:

When I first began reading the Bible I don’t think I would have used many of the adjectives in today’s verses. I would have said that the Scriptures were hard, confusing, and yes even boring. As a new Christian, reading persistently was a challenge. It seemed the more I read, the more I didn’t understand. Yet I knew that I was supposed to read this Book, that it was full of Truth. So I pressed on and, through some wonderful Bible teachers, the Bible became exactly what these verses say: perfect, right, trustworthy, radiant. A dear friend told me to open my Bible only after I asked the Holy Spirit to open my mind and heart to what I was about to read. That was good advice I follow to this day. How I treasure the Word of God now. And how grateful I am for those who mentored me in the reading of it. Is there someone you need to thank for doing the same for you?

1. Mari V says:

Oh my goodness… I remember the adults in my life back when I first became a Christian advising me the same thing. To pray for the Holy Spirit to open my mind and heart. To ask for wisdom and revelation HIS WORD. Still do it to this day.

2. Angela Nelson says:

This is an amazing testimony! Thank you for sharing!

3. Leslie Orellana says:

Thank you for sharing! I felt the same way going into reading the Bible. I wasn’t sure what I was reading and confused by 1/2 of it. Some days I feel confused as to what my take away is supposed to be from certain scriptures. But today it reminded me it’s perfect, trustworthy and right. I’m going to start with prayer to God to open my my mind and heart! Thank you again!

7. Lisa Z says:

Love this verse. Lord, light up my eyes with Your radiant commands!

8. Sue says:

In the podcast, we were reminded that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us – in the person of Jesus Christ.
    It was suggested to meditate on how each word, decree, and statute, etc. in Psalm 119 reflects or draws me to Christ, His person, work, character, or what He’s done for us.

If we do the same for today’s verse we can say:
    Jesus is perfect – he renews one’s life.
    Jesus is trustworthy – he makes the inexperienced wise.
    Jesus is right – he makes the heart glad.
    Jesus is radiant – making the eyes light up.

She’s, let’s remember – the word of God is not just letters on a page.

1. Mari V says:

❤️ this! I’m taking a screenshot if you don’t mind.

2. Jen Brewer says:

Amen, Sue! I was just thinking of this reminder from the podcast as I meditated on how these attributes describe our Jesus ❤️

3. Angela Nelson says:

Amen!!! I love the reminder that all of Scripture points to Jesus. Thank you!