Grace Day

from the Advent 2019: A Thrill of Hope reading plan

Galatians 4:4–5

BY She Reads Truth

Advent is a season of anticipation and celebration. The weary world rejoices at the Messiah’s first advent, even as we long for His return. Use this day to pray, rest, and reflect on the hope we have because Christ left the glories of heaven to be born in Bethlehem.

When the time came to completion, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.
—Galatians 4:4–5

19 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Mari V says:

John 3:16❤️

2. Angie says:

I spent a little time going through previous lessons and ladies posts this morning.
    I stopped and prayed for some,
    thanked God for all.
    Our God is truly mind-boggling, wonderous, and amazing.
    From every day joys, to the deepest despair, He sees our moments and dwells with us in them.
    This is something I “believe.” This is something I “know” and, hopefully even “live.”
    But, when I read over the circumstances, lives, minutes, moments, and even love for each other-and God, that you ladies have shared from around the world…the simple fact that God is author and friend of every part sweeps me away with once again how above us He is, and yet, He chose to be with us.

Thank you ladies for sharing your hearts, each others hurts, joy, and growing moments.
    Thank you SRT – this Advent book had the most inspiring and beautiful pictures of any I have used so far.
    Mostly, thank you Lord for continuing to open my eyes and draw me close.
    I am amazed by You.

3. Doris says:

I feel like time is our worst enemy. That twenty four hour day, seven day week, twelve month year, causes us to think only on when will it happen for us. And when it doesn’t in the time we have allotted for it , we are discouraged. The Psalmist reminds us to “wait on the Lord,” and not the clock or calendar. Psalm 27:13 and 14, I had fainted , unless I believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say on the LORD.

4. Peyton Grace Potts says:

God sent His Son to come and fulfill the law so that we are no longer slaves to it. In Him, we have the freedom to be called sons and daughters. We no longer have to make sacrifices for our sins because Jesus was our ultimate sacrifice. We just have to come to Him, and He will forgive us. We look forward to His return so that we can be together with Him forever.

5. Diana Lozon says:

❤️

6. Aimee D says:

As sons and daughters..heirs through Christ. Amen!

7. K D says:

Incredibly grateful this morning for the gift that is our Savior.

8. Churchmouse says:

“When the time came to completion.”
    Time is in God’s hands. He’s in control. I need not fret about “when?” because He will bring it about in His good time. He knows exactly what’s best for me and what I can handle and when. He’s a good good Father and so I can relax under His sovereignty.

1. Nancy Singleton says:

So easy to get caught up in our own plans & timetables, forgetting that ‘Time is in God’s hands.’ So much energy wasted & needless anxiety experienced!

2. Mari V says:

“He knows what I can handle and when.” Thank you Churchmouse for this reminder. Have a wonderful weekend!

3. Chris Conti says:

Amen sister

4. Jennifer Anapol says:

Thank you so much for this reminder!

5. Diana Rigdon says: