Grace Day

from the Advent 2019: A Thrill of Hope reading plan

1 John 4:9

BY She Reads Truth

Advent is a season of anticipation and celebration. The weary world rejoices at the Messiah’s first advent, even as we long for His return. Use this day to pray, rest, and reflect on the hope we have because Christ left the glories of heaven to be born in Bethlehem.

God’s love was revealed among us in this way: God sent his one and only Son into the world so that we might live through him.
—1 John 4:9

32 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. K D says:

So very grateful for the hope found in the waiting

2. Cindy Pick says:

1 Corinthians 13—Christmas Version

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls,but do not show love to my family, I’m just another decorator.

If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime: but do not show love to my family, I’m just another cook.

If I work at a soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home, and give all that I have to charity; but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.

If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir’s cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.

Love stops the cooking to hug the child.

Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the spouse.

Love is kind, though harried and tired.

Love does not envy another’s home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.

Love does not yell at the kids to get out of the way, but is thankful they are there to be in the way.

Love does not give only to those who are able to give in return; but rejoices in giving to those who cannot.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.

Love never fails.

Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust; but giving the gift of love will endure.

—Sharon Jaynes, Celebrating a Christ Centered Christmas

1. Stephy Eddy says:

This is beautiful

2. Alex Laughlin says:

I love this! Thank you for sharing!

3. Lindsey Blackwell says:

❤️

3. Grace Pickard says:

I need to understand that I make mistakes and I sin and it’s not okay but if I repent Jesus will always forgive me

4. Mari V says:

Grateful for a Grace day as well. My body is so used to getting up Early so when I try to sleep in a little bit it doesn’t happen but glad I can spend a little bit more time quietly before conquering my day today.

5. Tracie Nall says:

I love that today is called Grace Day…I need to extend myself grace in many areas today!

6. Bee says:

Hawkeye’s Focus – That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

7. Lisa Z says:

Thank you Lord for sending Your Son, our magnificent Hope!

8. Linda Holobovich says:

Short and sweet….to the point….nuff said.
    In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.
    Thank you Lord!