Grace Day

from the Psalms for Prayer reading plan

Philippians 4:6-7

BY She Reads Truth

Use today to pray, rest, and reflect on this week’s reading, giving thanks for the grace that is ours in Christ.

Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
—Philippians 4:6-7

SRT-PsalmsForPrayer-Shareimage-Day20

41 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. H H says:

On the other side of a 2-year relationship with a Christian man that ended two weeks after seriously discussing marriage. He ended things because he felt he was putting his relationship with me before his relationship with God, and didn’t want to risk staying in a relationship he decided was dragging both of us down in our walks of faith. I’ve spent the last week and a half constantly crying out to God, begging for peace and understanding. Praying over and over that He will settle my spirit and mend my heart and remind me His plans are for my prosperity, and He is for me. The last few days though, I’ve really struggled with feeling guilty that this is the most consistent my prayer life has been in over 5 years. This was a much needed reminder that God WANTS us to reach out to Him, regardless of the circumstances. It’s so hard to overcome this feeling of conviction towards my own selfishness– I don’t want to be the Christ-Follower who only goes to Him when I need something. But I’m so glad to rest in the knowledge that no matter what, He’s using this season.

2. Rowena Salter says:

This is an amazing reminder to me to remember Him in all situations that we find ourselves in and prayer!

3. Karen says:

What a perfect verse for a day of grace! It calms my heart when I’m feeling anxious. God reminds us to come to Him in prayer with our anxieties, worries, and struggles, and His peace will wash over over us and fill our souls.

4. Tasha Enderby says:

I am in a place where I am finding it very hard to continue to go to God in prayer. I often feel unheard and ignored… I know these things are not true, our father is kind, is just and loving so maybe this week I will focus on Thanksgiving, praising past the anxiety and depression.

1. Bonnie says:

I think you can bring those thoughts and feeling to him. It is okay to sit in his presence and say “I feel unheard. The things I know to be true about you don’t FEEL true. Please help them to feel true.”

2. Karen says:

I found that keeping a thankfulness journal and committing to writing down 10 things God has blessed me with each day for a month really helped me shift my perspective.

5. Jess Rivera says:

This was just what I needed, after lifting my head up from prayer with tears strolling down my face, I tap into my app to read and God speaks to me through this, God is the only one who can wipe every tear away, and fill us with a peace and joy no matter what our circumstances are around us. It is never okay to not pray without ceasing, to not run to the father in prayer, and to not take a moment from your day to get on your knees and honor the living God. God truly is all that we need. I love how David says God I have no desire but you, I shall not want my cup overflows from your presence and the way you fill me up, it is so true. I pray that everyone will come to know God in that special way and truly experience the power of prayer. I love you my Jesus❤️

6. Barbara Thompson says:

Thank you Lord for your peace in every circumstance in all the seasons of life.

7. Aimée Jones says:

What a beautiful day to give my Father my cares and run free!

8. Mari says:

Thank you Lord for this reminder. YOU have it all under control.