Anticipation and Participation

Open Your Bible

Matthew 24:1-14, Hebrews 11:1-40, Hebrews 12:1-2

In light of each day’s reading, pause to reflect on the specific areas you long to see made new and how Jesus’s ministry calls us to join in that restoration. Let these shape your prayers today.

Jesus inaugurated the work of new creation, and the writers of the New Testament encouraged the early Church to hold firmly to Jesus’s example. Now, believers are called to live as participants in God’s work of making all things new in anticipatory hope of what’s to come.

After you’ve read, spend some time in prayer about how you can participate in God’s restorative work because of the hope you have in Christ. Comment/share with the community anything that stood out to you or encouraged you from the reading or your time in prayer.

(72) Comments
[x]

72 thoughts on "Anticipation and Participation"

1. Wanda Woehlert says:

Hebrews 12:1-2 “let us run with endurance the race

2. Lauren GW says:

Out of all the things noted in the passage, for some reason the thing that stood out was people not getting to see the full fulfillment of gods plan and that they were longing for a homeland.
    Trying to have faith that god is working when I don’t see the full picture. Trying to not feel distressed when I feel discomfort, not feeling like I can fully settle into this “home.” But still striving, still seeking, still trying to carry out his work

3. Kimberly Z says:

Happy Tuesday ladies! The fact that God can restore our hope is such a wonderful. Remembering that it won’t always be this hard is truly a gift. I feel like I’ve had a hard time getting into discussions this time because I have been busy. Praying I can dedicate more time for prayer in the mornings before my day goes crazy. @MOLLY R – totally know what you’re saying! It’s more of a challenge than anything. I drink one Diet Coke a day and I truly love it but for some reason I’ve decided this is my time to try and stop drinking it and using it as more of a treat. Praying for you today.

4. Rhonda J. says:

@Chelsea- Prayers for a healthy delivery and the health of your baby.

5. Rhonda J. says:

Hi She’s!

Sorry I had a very long morning/afternoon and just catching up here on the comments and the ones trying to join the SRT SHE’S! I have no idea why the question wouldn’t allow you to answer! But I am trying to be diligent to make sure all the requests are from here, (SO MANY…that’s fantastic!!), but not letting random people in for advertising and such! If your name is different then on here, I might need you to message me to let me know. I ask that you all help me by getting conversations started to make it a wonderful, interactive group! I see the page as an extra place to develop our friendships, because sisters in Christ make for special friends that can point you to the Lord, and hold you up in prayer, and make you feel part of a family. There have been many times over the years people have wanted to share links, or see pics (for example to see our dear Victoria E’s baby we prayed for) or when we don’t hear from some anymore such as churchmouse, Jenniferlovesjesus, Angie and many more, and of course our dear Dorothy! Then for those not in small groups at church or part of a church community, this could be what you need. If you don’t say much on here (fear of lack of wisdom….is what I had for the first 2 years) I encourage you to engage there! (and here!) Sorry for trying to put my thoughts into words and rattling on.

@Michelle P- Isaiah 41:10 is my first memory verse for 2024. It is something I am really working on to have God’s words when needed, buried in my heart, ready to share.

@Molly R- My dear friend, I know exactly where you are coming from. I feel the same with my husband. And it’s hard to know where and when to push, I tend to make it worse with my seemingly critical comments. But I know he is seeing my example and growth, and that is doing more than we know. (But yes, with young and growing kids, you want them large and in charge now!) And with the alcohol, I think I am understanding as well what you meant because I too didn’t drink a lot, by normal standards, I just liked a small glass with dinner, or when going out, and to help my chronic pain feel better. But when I did my first spiritual fast 2 years ago this month, God said “you are not going to rely on that anymore, you have me!” and I haven’t had any since! When I did try, it tasted awful! But, I do miss just having something different with dinner, because all I drink is coffee in the morning and then water. It doesn’t seem like that big of deal, but I had a glass of wine with dinner only EVERY night for like 20 years, so although I didn’t seem like a big drinker to anyone else, it was something coming between me and God that I needed to release. I don’t judge others for drinking, but of course now that I don’t, you see all the bad things drinking leads to!

I envy you all that can put your thoughts in words eloquently! I feel like I am a mumble mess of words right now that can’t get them right! I have been doing too much writing lately with jail ministry tomorrow which I wrote the whole lesson plan yesterday! I also committed to doing a daily devotional on my fb page to help promote my friends book, and it’s challenging!! My brain is tired. If just reading my comments here makes you tired too, I’m sorry. :(

If anyone would like to be added as an “administrator” of the fb group and help that would be wonderful!? (or two!)

@Tina- Did you join??! I have always wanted to connect with you to SEE YOU!! I picture a lady with a cuppa joe and biscuit with her pinky up in one hand and blowing a kiss across the pond, wrapped in love with the other!

@Mari V- Amen! Joining with you in that prayer! And your two sweets! If you could keep my only child Michael in your prayers. He is 23!

1. Meme Faye says:

SRT name Meme Faye… FB name Faye Wasson… i’ve asked to join group…

6. Adrianne says:

What stood out to me was the encouragement from Hebrews 12:1-2. We must keep running the race. We have to keep trying and staying encouraged by the Word and our Faith. We have to keep fighting to stay firm in our love of God and Jesus. To be better people tomorrow than we were today.

7. Alayna P. says:

As someone who finds hope in Christ, I participate in God’s restorative work by living out His love in my daily interactions. I strive to share the message of hope found in Christ with others, both through my words and actions. Through prayer and intercession, I seek God’s will for restoration and healing in the lives of those who are suffering. I advocate for justice and reconciliation, standing against injustice and promoting peace in my communities. I steward God’s creation with care and strive to live out kingdom values in all aspects of my life. By allowing the hope I have in Christ to guide me, I become an active participant in God’s work of making all things new.

8. Jennifer Anapol says:

&Chelsea I’m praying you have a healthy delivery❤️