Weekly Truth

Romans 15:5-6

BY She Reads Truth

Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to carry God-breathed truth, instruction, and reproof wherever we go.

In this study of hospitality we will memorize Romans 15:5–7, a passage that focuses on glorifying God and living in harmony with one another. We will start by memorizing verses 5–6.

May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
—Romans 15:5–6 ESV

Save the image below as a lock screen for your phone so you can read these words throughout the day.

30 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Steph C says:

“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement allow you to live in harmony with one another, according to the command of Christ Jesus, so that you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ with a united mind and voice” (Rom 15:5-6). He commands us to live in harmony with each other. And then He gives us the ability to do so. His grace is sufficient. He gives endurance and ability. ❤️

2. Karen says:

Praying for you Sarah, that God would comfort you when you are feeling lonely and unsure of things, that He would embrace you with His love and compassion through others you meet on the island, and that you would know He is always with you, even in the times you are feeling anxious. We are all praying for you as well and know you will have a wonderful experience while you’re there.

3. Widgeon says:

Sarah if are close to Honolulu check out Manna. My daughter and her family helped start this church several years ago. I would give you her contact info but they have been transferred to Colorado Springs.They have helped plant the Manna church their also. My family are members at Manna in Fayetteville,NC. We are planting churches along the military highway. I hope you get a chance to attend a few services before you choose your church home. Good luck and enjoy Hawaii.

4. Sarah D. says:

Yes I am! Oh that’s awesome! Unfortunately I’m on the east side of Oahu, so it would take awhile for me to get there. But thank you so much, that is so sweet of you! Do you have any recommendations of churches on the East side near Kaneohe?

5. Molly L. says:

Sarah D. – are you in Hawaii? If you’re on Oahu, I go to Harbor Church, which is a really great church. My name is Molly and my husband Sterling helps lead worship if you want to sit with someone next week.

6. Churchmouse says:

Sarah, praying for you as you adjust to this latest journey. I trust that you will lean on the Lord as you have in the past, knowing that He is faithful. He provided this opportunity for you and you were prayerful about this decision. Cast aside any doubts or murmurings by the enemy who would have you discouraged and fearful. Greater is He who IS IN YOU!! I’ll be specifically praying that you quickly find a good local church and supportive believers. Know that you have many here who will be holding you up in prayer and cheering you on from the mainland, and points beyond! You have an international support system through SRT Stay strong, sweet girl!

7. Sarah D. says:

Hey everyone, prayers appreciated. I’ve been feeling a little lonely this morning…just adjusting to this new experience and place and being “on my own” without my family is a little overwhelming. I miss them and just think it’s crazy that I’m across the ocean to do this internship. I’m very thankful, but it’s just a big transition from ending my semester at college to coming here. I’m staying with friends of my sister and her husband, but it is still new and I know will take time to adjust…I’m possibly going to try out this church this morning that someone recommended to me…just scared to be alone doing it. But it’s all a learning experience to be on my own…I’m sure it’ll just take time. Prayers appreciated for peace and strength. Love you all!