Grace Day

Romans 12:13

BY She Reads Truth

Take this day as an opportunity to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
—Romans 12:13 NIV

32 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Steph C says:

“When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality” (Rom 12:13 NLT). ALWAYS be EAGER to …. Must admit I am not always eager to practice hospitality! I think I’ve gotten a bit too comfortable with today’s culture of “me time”. I need to be far more willing to open my home, my time, and my heart to others.

2. Kalifa Boyce says:

Today I made room in my heart and was a vulnerable to my mom about things that are very difficult for me to talk about. I was nervous out of my mind but I did it and now I wanna talk her ear off about it. I am grateful for her Godly wisdom and insight. I wish I would’ve done this sooner lol!

3. Sarah D. says:

Hi everyone! I’m in Hawaii!! Thank you so much for all your prayers. The flights all went well and smoothly. It still is so crazy to me that I’m here again, but so thankful. Probably after jet lag wears off I’m going to freak out even more haha!! Praying that I would trust in Jesus in everything I say and do.

4. Rachel Shewbart says:

Please pray for a very close friend who wants to trust fully Jesus so bad, but finds himself fighting his own battles rather than giving it them Christ. He is at a tough place in life, and he has admitted that he doesn’t know what is holding him back. I know that God loves him more than I do and will fight his battles! I cling to His promises and pray that His will be done.

5. Churchmouse says:

Practice: as in repeating an action everyday until it becomes a habit, a solid muscle memory. The goal is that hospitality becomes ingrained, a common denominator among believers.

6. Hauna Sheppard says:

My husband has always been better at hospitality that I am. He’s extremely extroverted, so reaching out to others comes naturally to him. I, on the other hand, am extremely introverted, but most people don’t know that about me, as I’ve “learned how to behave in public”. LOL So, as per usual, hubby came home a few days ago and announced that he’d invited some new friends over for supper. We decided 6:00 would be a good time so I would be able to get home from work and have a chance to hide all the unfolded laundry in someone’s bedroom before our new friends arrived. (Ladies, my house is LIVED IN – that’s all I’m sayin’.) It turns out my darling (extroverted) husband thought we needed some time to socialize BEFORE we ate, so he told our guests “Supper will be served at six, but you can come any time after five.” Sweet honourable… I managed to get the laundry into the spare bedroom and close the door before the dog announced someone had pulled into the driveway. I met them in the front hall, introduced myself (I was JUST meeting these new friends!), and brought them into the living room. They walked through the kitchen, past a counter top filled with the day’s dishes (our dishwasher had decided to throw a fit), sat on the couch, and announced “It’s so comfortable here. Sometime you walk into someone’s house and you feel a little out of place, but this is lovely.” I said all of that to say this: Hospitality is not about pulling off a Pinterest perfect dinner party. It’s about being available; being real. Sometime that means we need to throw open the doors and let the chaos show through as the love pours out. ;)