Grace Day

Romans 12:13

BY She Reads Truth

Take this day as an opportunity to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
—Romans 12:13 NIV

36 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Katelyn Jenkins says:

My husband and I are in the process of selling our home. This home, I was not very hospitable in. I had big plans, but I was unable to let go of self to invite people in to share my “real” because I was scared to be judged for not keeping my house magazine perfect. Now, I’m praying that The Lord allows this house to sell to the right couple. I pray that He has the perfect home picked out for us to purchase. I pray for this season of waiting. And I pray for me to able to let go of this image and mindset that being hospitable is dinner parties with the linen napkins and a spotless home. That being hospitable is opening up my talents, my belongings, my life in order to serve someone else. ♥️

1. Julie May McDougal says:

I have been there and am still there, but this study is part of a change to broaden my definition of hospitality and let go of the idea that only magazine homes can set the stage to be hospitable.

2. Steph C says:

“When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality” (Rom 12:13 NLT). ALWAYS be EAGER to …. Must admit I am not always eager to practice hospitality! I think I’ve gotten a bit too comfortable with today’s culture of “me time”. I need to be far more willing to open my home, my time, and my heart to others.

1. Julie Murray says:

I can’t agree more!

3. Kalifa Boyce says:

Today I made room in my heart and was a vulnerable to my mom about things that are very difficult for me to talk about. I was nervous out of my mind but I did it and now I wanna talk her ear off about it. I am grateful for her Godly wisdom and insight. I wish I would’ve done this sooner lol!

4. Sarah D. says:

Hi everyone! I’m in Hawaii!! Thank you so much for all your prayers. The flights all went well and smoothly. It still is so crazy to me that I’m here again, but so thankful. Probably after jet lag wears off I’m going to freak out even more haha!! Praying that I would trust in Jesus in everything I say and do.

5. Rachel Shewbart says:

Please pray for a very close friend who wants to trust fully Jesus so bad, but finds himself fighting his own battles rather than giving it them Christ. He is at a tough place in life, and he has admitted that he doesn’t know what is holding him back. I know that God loves him more than I do and will fight his battles! I cling to His promises and pray that His will be done.

6. Churchmouse says:

Practice: as in repeating an action everyday until it becomes a habit, a solid muscle memory. The goal is that hospitality becomes ingrained, a common denominator among believers.

7. Hauna Sheppard says:

My husband has always been better at hospitality that I am. He’s extremely extroverted, so reaching out to others comes naturally to him. I, on the other hand, am extremely introverted, but most people don’t know that about me, as I’ve “learned how to behave in public”. LOL So, as per usual, hubby came home a few days ago and announced that he’d invited some new friends over for supper. We decided 6:00 would be a good time so I would be able to get home from work and have a chance to hide all the unfolded laundry in someone’s bedroom before our new friends arrived. (Ladies, my house is LIVED IN – that’s all I’m sayin’.) It turns out my darling (extroverted) husband thought we needed some time to socialize BEFORE we ate, so he told our guests “Supper will be served at six, but you can come any time after five.” Sweet honourable… I managed to get the laundry into the spare bedroom and close the door before the dog announced someone had pulled into the driveway. I met them in the front hall, introduced myself (I was JUST meeting these new friends!), and brought them into the living room. They walked through the kitchen, past a counter top filled with the day’s dishes (our dishwasher had decided to throw a fit), sat on the couch, and announced “It’s so comfortable here. Sometime you walk into someone’s house and you feel a little out of place, but this is lovely.” I said all of that to say this: Hospitality is not about pulling off a Pinterest perfect dinner party. It’s about being available; being real. Sometime that means we need to throw open the doors and let the chaos show through as the love pours out. ;)

1. Katelyn Jenkins says:

This. This is where I need let go of self! Many times have I not wanted someone, friends, family, anyone in my home because it’s “lived in”. My mom has always kept a magazine perfect home and I grew up thinking that is what you should do. But, my mom was stay at home mom and could do that. I’m choosing to work full time until 6pm and pick up a toddler, so my home is far from magazine perfect in a given week. I need a mindset recharge to let that self-centered mindset go and just be hospitable! Thank you for sharing!