Weekly Truth

from the Luke reading plan

Luke 23:42

BY She Reads Truth

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry the gospel with us wherever we go.

This week we will memorize the thief’s confession to Jesus on the cross.

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
Luke 23:42

Save the image below as a lock screen for your phone so you can read these words throughout the day.

8 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Steph C says:

“Jesus, remember me!” He chooses to remember me and He chooses to forget my sin! He knows me. ❤️

2. Mari V says:

What spoke to me this morning with this familiar verse is JESUS welcomes me. HE welcomes you and all that come to HIM and ask.

3. Stephanie S says:

I wanted to share a scripture memory approach I started 3 weeks ago. I found it on Pinterest and it is changing the game for me. I have always struggled with scripture memory – mostly due to self induced pressure and expectations I cannot live up to. Anyway, for anyone out there who has a deep desire to get better in this area and just doesn’t know “how” – check it out! http://thedelightfulhour.blogspot.com/2012/02/to-know-his-word.html?m=1

4. Allison M says:

“Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” I just love the thought of paradise. It makes the beauty that lies on this earth a fraction of the beauty that is yet to come! I also love how this man is remembered in Heaven. That our earthly lives are not forgotten.

5. Beth Hinson says:

These are the kinds of words I hope to hear when it is my time to join the Lord, “be with me in my paradise.” Wow, what a humbling situation in which this man is dying on the cross for a heinous crime, but i’m asking Jesus to forgive his sins he is granted eternal life with our King. It is so simple, but yet so fierce how he can overcome all of our sins. Thank you Jesus!!

6. Natalie V says:

In the study book, reading through the lens of the 5 themes (presence of the Holy Spirit, prayer and teaching on prayer, the importance of faith, joy in God’s salvation, and the kingdom of God) have made this one of my favorite studies. I’m enjoying taking today and processing what I’ve learned, and what God has taught me through studying this book. Have a great day, ladies!

7. Regine says:

He even says much more, he will BE with him! I love how the man recognized Jesus had a kingdom, that he is God.

8. Churchmouse says:

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

And Jesus says YES!!!!