Weekly Truth

from the Luke reading plan

Luke 8:25

BY She Reads Truth

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry the gospel with us wherever we go.

This week’s verse captures the disciples’ response to Jesus when He calmed the storm.

They were fearful and amazed, asking one another, “Who then is this? He commands even the winds and the waves, and they obey him!”
– Luke 8:25b

Save the image below as a lock screen for your phone so you can read these words throughout the day.

23 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Peggy Larmore says:

Thank you God for the calm in the storm.❤

2. Angela Greenwood says:

Where is my faith?, I have been asking myself that question all week. Sometimes it’s hard to believe.

3. Natalia Phillips says:

Where is your faith? For it will calm storms and move mountains.

4. Kasey Summers says:

❤️❤️

5. Beth Hinson says:

Such a simple truth that I constantly need reminding of! I love that scripture says the disciples marveled at the act of Jesus but they were also afraid. Fear began to creep into their minds just as it does for many of us when we don’t see God immediately intervene in our lives, but God says “where is your faith?” Our seasons and plans of life work according to the path He has made for us so this is a good reminder for me to be patient and remember that He is always in control!

6. Shelbyrae Myers says:

I teach the two year old class at my church and this was our story today and I love that this was the verse today as well. When I was telling this story to my kiddos there was so much emotion and amazement on their face it really made me see this scripture through a child’s eye♡

7. Ashley Thomas says:

Even in the most chaotic circumstances God is good! We need only remain faithful.