The First Sunday After Christmas

Isaiah 35:10

BY She Reads Truth

…and the redeemed of the Lord will return
and come to Zion with singing,
crowned with unending joy.
Joy and gladness will overtake them,
and sorrow and sighing will flee.
—Isaiah 35:10

29 thoughts on "The First Sunday After Christmas"

1. Sylvia Brown says:

I have reached the end, late, but better for the journey! And all praises to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! Amen & Amen!

2. Maya Bulos says:

Needed to be reminded of this today. I was overwhelmed with the battles and trials of life. Specifically, life after cancer. I was diagnosed with breast cancer Aug 2016, and really the battle is harder after treatment than during. But if this is what God uses to draw me closer to Himself then I will find joy in the midst of the pain. Sorrow and sighing will flee. This study has been so good in reminding me of not just the 1st advent, but the soon coming SECOND. That is my blessed hope, Christ, the Hope or Glory, who shall soon come to take His Bride, and All sprrow and sighing shall flee.

3. Danielle Talerico says:

This Christmas we celebrated with family. This was my daughters second Christmas too. Christmas Eve we went to one of our communities candle light service. We joined and worshipped the birth of Our Savior through music, and lighting candles.

Today in church, our visiting pastor preached about steadfast faith. And it meant a lot to me because I feel like I’m not doing enough; I’m not rejoicing, studying the Word enough. And this devotional gives me that push to keep going. Walking in the faith isn’t easy; but love isn’t. It’s something we work hard for everyday and my love for Jesus is real, authentic ❤️

4. Mari V says:

It’s Almost 8 PM PST. I’ll be driving my sister, my beautiful sister to the San Francisco airport. My heart is sad and glad at the same time. We have enjoyed a little over two weeks with my sister here. I was blessed to take an entire week off of work. She loves Jesus! She demonstrated HIS love so much to me and my kids while she was here. Please pray for safe travels for her. And for me as I drive to and from the airport.

5. Angie says:

I remember when I was young, a godly woman asked me…”Who do you want to be at 50, 60, 70?”

I answered that I wanted to be a woman of grace who loved Jesus and lived it.

She said, “Then you need to start now. You do not just do whatever you want while you are young and then at 50 become gracious, kind, and intimate with the Savior. It is a learning and growing together, that much like wrinkles – deepens with time.”

Young, old, or somewhere in between…Ladies each day you spend in His Word your reflection becomes a little bit more like Jesus. You are beautiful, thank you for sharing your love with each other.

I am thankful for SRT and the encouragement for women who might not be able to meet together for Bible study and encouragement, to be able to read the Word in the privacy of their home and still share together in community for Jesus.

Blessed.

6. Morgan Anderson says:

What an incredible verse to end this study with. This is great!

7. Lori Wat says:

Love this! Roll around in the truth of who we are!

8. Dorothy says:

Marly W. it will be easier next year but there will still be some pain. Each year after my son, and my parents died have been easier. I’ll be praying for you. God bless you and your family.