Grace Day

Philippians 2:9-11

BY She Reads Truth

Take this day as an opportunity to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

9 For this reason God highly exalted him
and gave him the name
that is above every name,
10 so that at the name of Jesus
every knee will bow—
in heaven and on earth
and under the earth—
11 and every tongue will confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
— Philippians 2:9-11

31 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Bobbie Leathers says:

As we are finishing up this Advent study, I just have to testify of God’s goodness. As the month began, I was struggling with some personal things. I was determined to enter the Christmas season with praise and thanksgiving even though my heart was heavy. Let’s just say, that God has answered my prayers “exceedingly, abundantly above all I could ask or think!” To say this month has been life changing would be an understatement. 2018 has been a year of questions and lessons…hard ones…but as always, God has proven Himself faithful and worthy of all glory and praise!! God bless you, Shes!

2. Lynne says:

Marissa, I am so sorry you have had a sorrowful year! Psalm 94:16-19 always gives me strength and hope. I hope it ministers to you, too. I’m praying that you will feel God’s abiding presence in 2019.

3. Mariah Derry says:

Even though I may be behind on this advent study, this ‘Grace Day’ is such a blessing. For myself, I consistently try to ‘earn’ God’s grace; I am hopeful that someone reads this that also needs to be reminded that taking a Sabbath, even if it’s not on Sunday, is necessary.

1. Linda J says:

Thanks Mariah! I have been catching up in this study as well. Sabbath is a difficult concept for me though often it is much needed. Thanks for your honesty. Blessings and sabbath rest to you in 2019.

4. Ana Kirsten says:

Lord, may everything I do be to exalt the name above every other name. May my life be for the purpose of lifting your name high, not mine.

5. Lisa HoodParker says:

❤️

6. Aimee D says:

Jesus! Hallelujah!

7. Churchmouse says:

Every knee will bow – from the wobbly toddler to the elderly arthritic.(imagine that sight!)

Every tongue will confess – from the poorest to the wealthiest, in every language.(what a cacophony of sounds!)

That Jesus Christ is Lord – no more speculation or cynicism or ignorance. UNDENIABLE VISIBLE (think of that!) FACT.

Amen and amen!

1. Rachel Keefer says:

What a word picture!! Thank you!!

2. Rhonda Loggins says:

♥️ thank you for always taking the time to share what is on your heart. ♥️

3. J B says:

Amen!! Thank you!

8. Marissa says:

What a beautiful way of thinking of Jesus, our resting place. I love that your comment popped up on top of my list right when I needed this gentle reminder as I close out a very hard, sorrow-filled year.

1. Ladonna Garbison says:

Praying for you this morning…sorry your 2018 was difficult. Praying that 2019 brings JOY….❤️

2. Mari V says:

Marissa, I was going to comment right away instead I took time just to really pray for you. I don’t know what’s going on but GOD does. You’re not alone, Marissa.