The Fourth Sunday of Advent

John 1:14

BY She Reads Truth

O Emmanuel, our king and our lawgiver,
the hope of the nations and their Saviour:
Come and save us, O Lord our God.

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. We observed his glory, the glory as the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
—John 1:14

41 thoughts on "The Fourth Sunday of Advent"

1. Shannon Colborne says:

Limping into the new year and hoping for a renewed sense of trust in Him.

2. Angie says:

Oh to be able to live fully in Grace and Truth, always.

3. Steph C says:

God with us. And so we have hope. My hope is in God. He will not fail.

4. Ti says:

Allison, I lost my mother right before Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and my dad right around Christmas the year before. It’s especially hard to lose a parent around the holidays. I’ll be praying for your peace and comfort.

5. Lisa HoodParker says:

❤️

6. Dorothy says:

Allison and Amanda, I will be praying for you, the first Christmas without a loved one is hard just remember they are with the Lord. Kristen, I will be praying for your friends.
    I had my hand surgery Friday and everything went well, but I never realized until now how many things we need two hands to do things with.
    God bless

7. Patti says:

Allison, I am lifting you and your family to the Father. May you feel His comfort in the coming days.

8. Allison says:

My dad passed away yesterday, and I’m very thankful for having gone through this Advent series. It has really helped me visualize the whole picture as to His first coming and grieving this loss. It’s a terrible time to lose a loved one, but at the same time its the whole reason for the season! My dad is with the one who came to save! How sweet is that!

1. Shasta Moczulski says:

My heart aches for your loss. It’s one I understand well as we lost my mother-in-law around this time a few years back. Devastating, yes, but I feel a deeper appreciation for the meaning of the season was born. May Jesus pour out his comfort and peace upon you and your family. God bless you all. Xo

2. Natasha R says: