Grace Day

Isaiah 61:1-3

BY She Reads Truth

Take this day as an opportunity to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to heal[a] the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives
and freedom to the prisoners;
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor,
and the day of our God’s vengeance;
to comfort all who mourn,
3 to provide for those who mourn in Zion;
to give them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,
festive oil instead of mourning,
and splendid clothes instead of despair.[b]
And they will be called righteous trees,
planted by the LORD
to glorify him.

Isaiah 61:1–3

36 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Jmhlvn says:

Y’all are in my prayers. I don’t know you but I have lost several loved ones in my life. Pease remember to pray for for strength every day

2. Ashley White says:

❤️

3. Julianne Rader says:

We lost our 17 year old son, Peyton Andrew, August 15, 2017. His girlfriend broke up with him unexpectedly and he took his life. He was a wonderful, Christian boy who LOVED life. His passing was so unlike the life he lived. He was pure joy and lit up a room anywhere he went. We have two children still with us, Mia Grace, 13, and Nathan, 22. We have to live each day one day at a time. The Lord has been with us every single moment of our grief. Tonight, I have cried so, so many tears. It has felt like day one. I never know when they will come. We find comfort in knowing that he is with Jesus. I’m so thankful that Jesus brings healing and one day we will know no more grief. The miracle of our Savior’s birth means so much more now for us. “Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.”

1. Bobbie Leathers says:

Dear Julianne, I cannot even imagine this. Your post brings tears to my eyes and an ache to my heart. I will be praying for overwhelming grace, comfort beyond measure and hope in your heart. May the peace that surpasses all understanding cover you and your family today and always. ✝️

1. Julianne Rader says:

Thank you so much for your prayers and sweet words. We appreciate every prayer said on our behalf.

2. AnneLyn P says:

Praying for you and your family.

3. Diana L.Earhart says:

Dear Julianne, I pray God continues to bring you comfort in some small way every day. He will sustain and strengthen you – he collects all your tears and remembers them. He holds you in his arms. He loves you! He will be with you minute by minute, day by day, year after year as you continue this journey. Cling to him.

Our granddaughter would be 20 this December. her passing brought grief I could not imagine. We are all changed because of her loss – more compassionate & grateful. We cling to the promise of heaven! One day you will be reunited with your son, Peyton. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

4. Ashley Jorgensen says:

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son. No words on this earth may ever do your pain justice, but this morning I read Isaiah 61 and was reminded that Jesus came for the broken hearted, He came for those who mourn. He has a crown of beauty for those in despair. Someday, you will celebrate with your son again and it will be more than you can picture. Prayers to you this Christmas.

1. Julianne Rader says:

Thank you so much for this wonderful reminder, Ashley. Merry Christmas. God is always good. I am looking forward to that celebration.

4. Dorothy says:

Jenny, I’ll be praying for your aunt and uncle. I know what it’s like to loose a child and the first Christmas is always the hardest. I’m glad to hear they know Christ because that will help them through it, it helped me.
    Mari V. been in your shoes as a single mom and know that my faith is what really got me through. God be with both of you.
    Surgery went well.

5. Valerie Luther says:

These verses mean the world to me as I see family members go through loss and mourning during Christmas-time. They’re a great reminder of what Jesus can do.

6. Morgan Anderson says:

When we see ourselves as wavering, faltering, always failing, God looks at us and calls us righteous trees, planted by himself. That’s incredible.

7. Mari V says:

Loved this! “splendid clothes instead of despair”. Still so much going on BUT GOD…. He is with me. My sister is here from Florida. She loves Jesus. She loves people. She loves my children and came to love and encourage them. We are taking a short day trip to the beach. Please pray as she is going to help me address some important matters during the drive. We pray it is GOD who is guiding our words. Single parenting has its challenges.

8. Jennifer Martin says: