Grace Day

Isaiah 61:1-3

BY She Reads Truth

Take this day as an opportunity to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to heal[a] the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives
and freedom to the prisoners;
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor,
and the day of our God’s vengeance;
to comfort all who mourn,
3 to provide for those who mourn in Zion;
to give them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,
festive oil instead of mourning,
and splendid clothes instead of despair.[b]
And they will be called righteous trees,
planted by the LORD
to glorify him.

Isaiah 61:1–3

36 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Lisa HoodParker says:

❤️

2. Janice says:

Glad of the reminder to rest in the Lord at this crazy time of year. We can lose sight of the real reason for the season.

3. Jenny Walls says:

Praying for my aunt and uncle who lost 2 of their 3 children this past year. It’s been incredibly hard for our entire family, but they are beyond broken. The holidays have been a whole new level of pain for them. They are people of faith and that is the only thing getting them through each day. I pray for all of those grieving and struggling this holiday season. May God wrap His arms around all of you and bring you peace and comfort.

1. Shasta Moczulski says:

Praying for your aunt and uncle to feel the palpable presence and comfort of Christ

2. Shasta Moczulski says:

I pray for your aunt and uncle to feel the palpable presence of Jesus Christ himself

3. Mari V says:

Joining in prayer.

4. Jenny Walls says:

4. Bobbie Leathers says:

The following is what I posted to my Facebook page this morning:
    During this time of year when families often share in time together, it can be especially difficult for those who are alone or grieving. Broken homes and families, death, illness and distance are all heartbreaking. Watching happy commercials and movies can only add to the pain. I speak with experience. Claiming His promise can bring light and hope. Cling tightly, broken-hearted friends. He is faithful to His promises. “…the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor, heal the broken-hearted, proclaim liberty to the captives…to comfort all who mourn…to give them a crown of beauty instead of ashes…” Isaiah 61:1-3 (paraphrased)

1. Misty McKinney says:

Amen! ❤️

5. Sue says:

Praying that all those who are broken-hearted and those who mourn today will be able to experience a crown of beauty instead of ashes, joy instead of mourning and praise instead of despair.

May you be able to glimpse the light of Jesus in this dark and broken world and may it bring you joy and hope today.

1. Janet C says:

Beautiful prayer. I’m copying it and sending to a young single mom.

2. Shasta Moczulski says:

❤️

3. Kimberly Vieyra says:

Amen

4. Liz Delves says:

Amen!

6. Churchmouse says:

The Spirit of the Lord is in me.
    The Lord has anointed me to bring the good news, to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty, to comfort and provide for those who mourn. I’m anointed to tell them who they can be in Him: beautiful, joyful, splendid, righteous. I am anointed to be the hands and feet and heart of Jesus. His mission is my mission until He declares: “Mission Accomplished!”

7. Leigh Williams says:

Praise You Lord for Your perfect plan of salvation

8. Kristin Davis says:

Praying that God hears my prayer and knows my heart

1. Isabell Clark says:

“I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!”
      ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭116:1-2‬ ‭
      He has heard your prayer!