The Second Sunday of Advent

Isaiah 22:22

BY She Reads Truth

O Root of Jesse, standing as a sign among the peoples;
before you kings will shut their mouths,
to you the nations will make their prayer:
Come and deliver us, and delay no longer.

O Key of David and sceptre of the House of Israel;
you open and no one can shut;
you shut and no one can open:
Come and lead the prisoners from the prison house,
those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death.

“I will place the key of the house of David on his shoulder; what he opens, no one can close; what he closes, no one can open.”
—Isaiah 22:22

93 thoughts on "The Second Sunday of Advent"

1. Sharon W says:

I ♥️ Your message❣️

2. Rachael Schupbach says:

It’s so interesting to me – God opens doors – and no matter how much effort – man cannot shut them. That said…I find myself stepping more slowly through said door at times…or potentially looking back at the place where I just walked through. My own sin sometimes gets in the way of His blessing and my view of his greatness

1. Marie Collins says:

Well said. I am the same way

3. Lindsy Rivera says:

This season I’m in has been tough. As I prepared to live overseas for mission I needed this reminder that HE OPENS THE DOOR no one else but HIM

1. Tara Johnson says:

Girl, I hear ya! I live overseas now for the same reason and have been in and out of the States for years as I serve Jesus. Still today I am dealing with visa issues and doors opening and shutting. Yes Jesus holds the keys. It’s a good reminder. I will be praying for you.

4. Stephanie Franckewitz says:

Such power!!!

5. Joey K says:

His timing is perfect!

6. Elizabeth Martin says:

Amen

7. Steph C says:

“You open and no one can shut; You shut and no one can open: Come and lead the prisoners from the prison house”. He has brought His people out of the prison house of condemnation and death. And He continues to deliver us every day. We have the freedom to follow Him in our hearts and, in many places in the world, in our lives. Oh Key, thank you for freedom!

8. Angie says:

I pray for you this morning Lily Adams that The Key, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ will either open the door or guide you in this time when He has chosen to leave it locked. May nothing stand in the way of His will being done in your life and may you be able to rest in it.