Grace Day

from the Give Thanks reading plan

Psalm 105:1-6

BY She Reads Truth

Scripture Reading: Psalm 105:1-6

Use this day to pray, rest, and reflect on this week’s reading, giving thanks for the grace that is ours in Christ.

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
proclaim his deeds among the peoples.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell about all his wondrous works!
Honor his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Seek the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.
Remember the wondrous works he has done,
his wonders, and the judgments he has pronounced,[a]
you offspring of Abraham his servant,
Jacob’s descendants—his chosen ones.
—Psalm 105:1–6

30 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. PamC says:

Am I the only one who’s book and the website don’t match today? My book has Micah 6:8 as the Grace Day verse, not the Psalm 105:1-6 that the website has. Hmmm

2. Mari V says:

“Remember the wondrous works He has done“. My God, my Jesus has done a lot for me, His child. I’m so grateful every day for how far my God, my Jesus has brought me. It’s all Him and none of me. I am grateful! Through tough times, heartaches, and the unknown, I know that God is in control. I am forever grateful.

3. HEATHER HOLTER says:

I am guessing you have social anxiety. I have it and that sounds just like me. I got on medication and it is much better! Prayers!

4. Sarah D. says:

Hi all, would really appreciate some prayers. I’ve been feeling really anxious the past couple days, with faster heart rate and clammy/sweaty hands. It happens when I’m around people and even sometimes when I’m alone. I’m not really sure why this is happening, since I’m not extremely stressed. Finals are coming up, so maybe I’m subconsciously stressed about those…and maybe insecure about my skin still/constantly thinking of what others think of me. I just don’t want this to keep continuing. Please pray that the Lord would bring peace to every part of me and that I would trust that He has everything under control. Also that I would remember who He says I am and base my identity off of His truths and nothing else.

5. Brandi says:

I’ve seen others ask this question already but still can’t figure out how to reply to a post. . . When I hit reply nothing happens and can only post at bottom of screen.

6. Kate R says:

“Sing to him, sing praise to him” reminds me of simples ways to worship and engage with him through out the day. While life is very busy and we may not be able to dedicate a chunk of time to reading the word or things that require us to stop in the midst of busy we can most certainly sing praise to him as we move about. Today I am going to sing and hum as I go about my day keeping him front and center even during chores and tasks.

1. Mari V says:

I love that! I love that singing praises to Him while doing chores and tasks. Today my friend Gretchen is coming over and we’re going to make tamales with my mom. It’s a fundraiser. It’s going to be LOTS of work. My mom who is older is going to get us started but then she will leave it the rest for us. It will be Gretchen, her daughter and my daughter. You gave me a great idea I will put on worship music in the background.

7. Y K says:

Seek His presence continuously. When I wake. In times of joy and sorrow. In the mundane. Always seek His presence.

8. Pam Karlberg says:

This has been such a timely and meaningful study. I was looking back today at all the lessons and reminded of all we learned about giving thanks. Yesterday’s lesson summed it up with Give Thanks in Everything. We have had a challenging year with parents failing health, and loss of a dear friend and pastor. As we have pushed through some of these very tough days, I have tried to find things God was doing for us to give Thanks. While I have lots of growing to do, I have seen it change me and give me peace. God is present and working , but I need to slow down and acknowledge that. Thank you SRT for these wonderful lessons.