Grace Day

from the Give Thanks reading plan

Psalm 105:1-6

BY She Reads Truth

Scripture Reading: Psalm 105:1-6

Use this day to pray, rest, and reflect on this week’s reading, giving thanks for the grace that is ours in Christ.

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
proclaim his deeds among the peoples.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell about all his wondrous works!
Honor his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Seek the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.
Remember the wondrous works he has done,
his wonders, and the judgments he has pronounced,[a]
you offspring of Abraham his servant,
Jacob’s descendants—his chosen ones.
—Psalm 105:1–6

30 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Karen says:

Hi Dorothy,
    I have had to have several injections for trigger finger and surgeries. The surgeries are very short outpatient procedures, though you still have to go through all the usual prep and are there for a few hours total. Hand surgeons specialize in these so if you are seeing a hand surgeon that you trust, you should be in good hands. The good news is that the injections usually work pretty quickly and will hopefully last for a long time. You just have to be careful with lifting things like weights or bowling balls as that can aggrevate the problem. I will be praying for you and for that finger to feel better!

2. Steph C says:

“Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!” (Ps 105:4) This couldn’t have come at a better time. Every time I think I’m ok with not having kids one of my friends announces that they’re expecting again. #2, #4, #6. And I fall apart. I’m happy for them. Honest. But it’s hard. But I’m reminded that my strength and joy and contentment come from God. My circumstances are extraneous. But in seeking His presence and finding His strength I can go on in joy … even if tears come too often.

3. E Hong says:

we always should rejoice in Him even when we aren’t so so well -ellie

4. Ashley Thomas says:

We definitely have to make the choice to be thankful; to be mindful of all the blessings we have, despite our circumstances. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

5. Brenda Garcia says:

Thank you Lord for this quiet time to reflect and give my gratitude for everything you have given me. I am your child, I seek you.

6. Dorothy says:

Pam C. my book is the same as yours

7. Melissa says:

My book has a Micah verse in it as well. They must have changed while planning…

8. Dorothy says:

Sisters This last Tuesday I had a shot of cortisone in my right hand — I’m left-handed — d/t trigger thumb and finger problems. The nurse practitioner said that if it didn’t help after three weeks I would have to have surgery and be off for work for two weeks. Please pray for me I usually am not scared about medical issues but with it being my hand it scares me. Have a blessed day all.