Grace Day

from the Hebrews reading plan

John 10:10

BY She Reads Truth

Use this day to pray, rest, and reflect on this week’s reading, giving thanks for the grace that is ours in Christ.

“A thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance.”
-John 10:10

SRT-Hebrews-Instagram-Day20

14 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. LeNisha Watson says:

He promises life more abundantly and to be there always-even when it’s not. Thank you Jesus!

2. Lisa says:

I’m reading from the NLT (after many years of NIV) and I love this translation; “….My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.” (John 10:10). When I look around me, when I see God’s provision and all I experience day to day, I realize I AM living a rich and satisfying life. It’s when I listen to the enemy, when I compare my life/house/car/stuff with others that I am unsatisfied. I have everything I need and a good plenty of my wants. Thank you Jesus for abundance, for my rich and satisfying life.

1. Steph C says:

I love the NLT!

2. Audrye Williams says:

Amen

3. Mari V says:

Even though things got little challenging last night I will not let the enemy rob, kill or destroy my joy. The image in today’s devotion is so fitting for my day today In just a little while I’ll be taking my kids to the beach. Please pray for safe travels and that we will have a good time.

4. Churchmouse says:

Life in abundance only comes by living in the freedom which comes from Christ: freedom to be all He created me to be, revealed by Him, for His good purpose. I just have to give myself permission to relax in it all, to enjoy the journey, to trust His guidance. He will not let me go and He will not let me down. That thief that sidles up beside me? He can go pound salt! My God’s got me!

5. Sue says:

I love how the Bible uses phrases like ‘life in ABUNDANCE’ in John 10:10 and ‘what great love the Father has LAVISHED on us’ in 1 John 3:1 (NIV)

A speaker once told the story of how differently his parents made peanut butter sandwiches. His mother was very frugal and only spread a very thin layer of peanut butter on his slice of bread. His father, on the other hand, was very generous and slathered the bread with a profuse amount of thick, gooey peanut butter.

The speaker went on to explain that our Heavenly Father is like his earthly father in this story. He is not frugal with the life and love he gives us but instead gives it lavishly and in abundance.

Celebrating our Heavenly Father’s generosity this morning and grateful for the life in abundance that I am able to enjoy.

1. Jennifer says:

I love this story. Thanks oh so much for sharing.

2. Mari V says:

I wasn’t quite done I hit the send button LOL. I was going to add how grateful I am for the Lords abundance. I’m thanking God this morning. I’ll be waking up my kids and enjoying a day at the beach. This doesn’t happen often and I’m so grateful God made a way for me to take my kids and enjoy the beauty of his nature at the beach

6. Tina says:

More of YOU Lord Jesus… more of YOU. ❤

7. Dana says:

Come, Lord Jesus, Amen.

1. Brandi says:

I love that song by Joshua Aaron!