Grace Day

from the Hebrews reading plan

1 John 2:1

BY She Reads Truth

Use this day to pray, rest, and reflect on this week’s reading, giving thanks for the grace that is ours in Christ.

My little children, I am writing you these things so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ the righteous one.
-1 John 2:1

SRT-Hebrews-Instagram-Day13

13 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Emily Dick says:

Sometimes I wonder why, if no one is without sin, there is so much scripture telling us not to sin? But verses like this turn me back to God. It’s not that I have any hope of not sinning in this life, but that I realize my helplessness and continue turning to Christ.

2. Jen Verlini says:

Hello dear ladies. I rarely post, but am blessed each morning by the SRT reading, devotion and by all your comments. It gives me strength each day. I am so thankful for this message today. It is a reminder that my perspective in any situation should be to respond in a way that honours God and keeps me close to Him. So good to be reminded that even when I fail, he is always, always working on my behalf as my perfect advocate. I need this. I’m facing a situation of intimidation and corruption and need this reminder of where my focus should be and who is ultimately in control. I would greatly appreciate prayers that I can hold this focus when dealing with the situation.

1. Jess T says:

Praying! ❤️

3. Theresa Mitchell says:

Comfort. Security. Thank you Father for providing eternal salvation and forgivenesses sins. Help me to be more like you each and every day.

4. Churchmouse says:

Still struggling with the injustice and downright cruelty of some I considered friends. I’m praying against bitterness. I’m grateful I have an advocate in Jesus who sees all and uncovers what is hidden. Leaning into Him and trusting He will right wrongs in His good timing and in His way. Praying for a heart change for those involved. The battle is not mine, but the Lord’s.

1. Mari V says:

I was praying for you yesterday morning for this very matter and wondering if it had gotten resolved. Will continue to pray for you Churchmouse.

1. Churchmouse says:

Thank you. My prayers continue for peace for you and your family as well.

2. Barbi Gardiner says:

Amen. You are speaking words I have spoken in my heart over the last year. I pray that we both are able to continue the fight to “let go and let God” so we can know His peace.

1. Churchmouse says:

Amen. Thank you

5. Catarina Scarpetti says:

Reading this on my early morning work break and feeling the weight of my struggles…He knows exactly where I am & He is here with me with open arms!!! What a comfort to remind myself of!

6. Sue says:

What a comfort that when I sin am not left alone or abandoned but that Jesus is pleading for me before the Father (TLB).

7. Susan says:

Amen! And I am so thankful for Grace days for so many reasons!

8. Allie Wright says:

Have a blessed day sisters ❤️