Weekly Truth

from the This Is the Gospel reading plan

John 3:16-17

BY She Reads Truth

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry the gospel with us wherever we go.

This week we will memorize the key verse for this reading plan, a summary of the gospel of Jesus.

“For God loved the world in this way: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
John 3:16–17

4-TITG-2

28 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Brianna Atha says:

Thank you God!

2. Tawanna Rusk says:

Praise God for His love- to save a sinner like me.

3. anon says:

I too have found myself going to that which is sinful. Knowing it hurts me in the long term. Sin is an idol that I’ve put above God – looking to the idol/sin for meaning in life for answers, for stability, for satisfaction even, instead of turning to my bible I’ve turned elsewhere. This hurts my Father so much – why is it? why is it my child that you try all other avenues first. why am I not first? why? yes Beth he is a jealous God that doesnt deal with us as our sins deserve!
    I’m here, he says, I’m still here with open arms, come to me. I’m patient, I’m loving, I’m forgiving, I’m here. Nothing else will satisfy!

4. Beth says:

Noelle I felt the same way. But I learned that God will never leave us. He is a Loving Father. He may “spank” us sometimes for going toward sin, but like a awesome parent, he always loves and forgives!

5. Noelle Lehman says:

Praying for you!

6. Noelle Lehman says:

God, thank you for this reminder as I find myself wanting to want YOU, but finding myself going to that which is sinful. You didn’t come to condemn and point fingers, but to save us from ourselves. God, give me the drive to draw closer and closer to you. And as I draw closer to you, let me leave the things of “the flesh.”

1. Brittney Garvey says:

Yes! Amen!

7. Liz C says:

Thank you to all who prayed for my Dad. His procedure went well and afte a small complication he will come home today. I’m grateful for my sister in SRT because, although compared to so many others concerns, mine were small, you all still included us in your prayers. My heart was peaceful knowing so many were on our side. This ministry has been a blessing for me so thank you all again.

8. Lynn Johnson says: