Grace Day

from the This Is the Gospel reading plan

John 1:1-5

BY She Reads Truth

Use today to pray, rest, and reflect on this week’s reading, giving thanks for the grace that is ours in Christ.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things were created through him, and apart from him not one thing was created that has been created. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. That light shines in the darkness, and yet the darkness did not overcome it.

-John 1:1–5

SRT-TITG-18-instagram6

52 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Sarah Hourigan says:

I love how the deity of Christ is so apparent in this scripture. Amazing.

2. Kerlyn Bobadilla says:

How blessed it is that God, in His grace and mercy allowed us to see and comprehend THE LIGHT.

3. Kayla LaCoste says:

The Darkness has Not overcome.

4. Diana CubleyMcIntee says:

I am in my War Room preparing to fight the devil. So fitting was our scripture today.

5. Caroline Bryan says:

The light will not be overcome by darkness. So powerful!

6. Andrea Molen says:

Thank you so much for his response! There is so much comfort in knowing that other people have been in their darkness and have found their way through. I am feeling a little better, and I feel like I can see the hope at the end of the tunnel. I just joined a bible study last week, and I am going to see a psychologist for emotional support and counseling. A few days ago it truly felt like I couldn’t see past the next min, now I am still feeling overwhelmed, but it feels like I am on the right track. It’s true that once you start feeling a little bit better you can start to see the whole picture. Thanks so much for your response, it truly means the world! Keep me in your prayers, and I will keep you in mine as well! I know God can really help with our anxiety and fear

7. Andrea Molen says:

I have been struggling with intense anxiety and depression. I have been having terrible insomnia and get in a really dark place where I do not feel like myself. I am needing some intense prayer to make it through and to know that there is light in what seems like consistent darkness right now. That it will not last forever. I think it’s Satan that is holding onto me because I had gone through somewhat of a period of doubt before all of this happened. I think he is using it as a way to drag me down and even fool me into thinking death may be the only answer. I know it is not and I know that there is hope!!

1. Sarah Cortez says:

I am praying for you, hang in there ! I know it’s an ugly terrible feeling, as I have experienced it myself this past year in a strong way. However, God is always with us, even if we don’t feel like he is, even if we don’t see it at the time. I know you might not want to hear this because I’m sure you already are doing this but really All you need is to continue with having even just a little bit of faith and you will see how God will move mountains in your life. When I went through this I was so frustrated and even mad at God, saying things like “can’t you hear my prayers?”, and “why aren’t you doing anything”… it wasn’t until I slowly started feeling better when I actually started noticing all the things God was doing for me and i bet I still don’t even know everything he has done for me. Through this difficult period I saw a priest for spiritual and emotional support, i saw a psychiatrist who prescribed me medicine for my anxiety, sand I saw a psychologist. I even got myself in two bible studies and I had never done one before !! Several months later and here I am, no longer seeing the priest (but still going to church/reading the gospel), no longer seeing the psychiatrist (not taking medicine), and every now and then seeing the psychologist. I feel LOADS better, and every now and then anxiety creeps in and I turn to God even more than ever to help me get back on track. I hope this helps you. I really am praying for you, know that someone out there is praying for you each day this week ❤️

8. Reilly Guhr says:

I’ve been in a lot of situations where it feels like the darkness has totally overcome the light. Like I’m the only one around who believes and I get to feeling so hopeless for the world. This was so needed and so encouraging—THE LIGHT SHINES IN THE DARKNESS AND THE DARKNESS HAS NOT OVERCOME IT.

1. Tawanna Rusk says: