Weekly Truth

from the Judges reading plan

Judges 10:15

BY She Reads Truth

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry the gospel with us wherever we go.

After the Israelites turned to worship false gods, they experienced great oppression. This week’s verse is their cry for help to the one true God.

But the Israelites said, “We have sinned. Deal with us as you see fit; only rescue us today!”
-Judges 10:15

Save the image below as a lock screen for your phone so you can read these words throughout the day.

4-Judges-2

18 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Caryn Wells says:

To be honest, I feel like I’m afraid to make specific requests from God. I want Him to have His way and be glorified. But I really need God’s help in some specific places.

1. mjax says:

God wants you to talk to Him. He wants you to trust Him enough to ask for big things and little things. Even Jesus asked for God to “take this cup from me,” so I think it’s okay for you to ask God for specific things. From one of my commentaries regarding Phil 4:6 …
      “let your requests be made known unto God— with generous, filial, unreserved confidence; not keeping aught back, as too great, or else too small, to bring before God, though you might feel so as to your fellow men.”

2. Michelle M says:

I can relate!!

2. Lynn Johnson says:

Grateful for His Mercy and Grace…

3. Mari V says:

Nope, I don’t deserve HIS grace and forgiveness but as soon as I ask for it, HE does. Do I deserve it? No. He just does.

Thank you for praying for me and my kids yesterday. It was a sweet short trip. God gave us a beautiful beach day. A break from the heat! I had a short but good talk with my kids on the way there. They were receptive. My son apologized to me and thanked for the trip.

4. Claire says:

Aren’t we just like them today? I messed up, Lord, do what you need to, but fix it now – and we add that we will do better in the future. Only we repeat this pattern not with the same sin maybe but with the pattern of sin. Thank you, Jesus, for Your saving Grace on our sinful nature.

1. Kristin Becknall says:

Amen!

5. Churchmouse says:

My paraphrase of today’s scripture :

I have sinned.
    Thy will be done.
    But please…

Honest and frequent prayer.

1. Churchmouse says:

I have to add that though that is an honest and frequent prayer of mine it is also a flawed one. To pray “Thy will be done but…” reveals a lack of trust that His will is good. I comfort myself by remembering “I do believe. Help my unbelief.” That’s where I sit some days. Just being real. I’m a work in progress. A pilgrim trying to follow Jesus.

1. Michelle says:

Churchmouse, thank you always for your honesty and wisdom. Your words have really helped me as I’ve been going through one of the hardest times in my life the last 6 months :-)

1. Churchmouse says:

Praying for you as you walk through this valley. I’m asking the Lord to make His presence known so that you are comforted and strengthened. Praying for peace. And wisdom. He knows. He cares. And He has the best plan already in motion.

6. Kathy says:

Sweet sisters, my heart and soul are so heavy this morning. This afternoon we will be celebrating the life of one of the teachers at our middle school. He passed away Wednesday night, the first day of school. We are an extremely small school system – one elementary, one middle, one high school – so this has been devastating for all of us. He was such a special man; loved and cared so much about his students. The best thing I can say about him was that if you were lucky enough to know Greg Landers, you were lucky enough. Please pray for all of us. Greg taught 8th grade and coached softball. He will be greatly missed, but we rejoice that his faith has become his sight.
    Be blessed today.

1. Churchmouse says:

Praying for all of you as you support and encourage one another through this loss of your friend and colleague. How blessed you all have been to have worked alongside such a man. What an opportunity to continue his legacy by promoting his values in your school. What if everyone chose to do one nice thing for someone else in memory of Mr. Landers? The gift of his kind and loving life would be an ongoing gift throughout the school where he served. That would be awesome. Praying the celebration of his life lasts far beyond the day scheduled. May his family be comforted by all whom he touched.

7. S O says:

Father, thank You for rescuing me!

1. Wanda Smith says: