Grace Day

from the Judges reading plan

Psalm 32:3-5

BY She Reads Truth

Each Saturday we are turning from the tragedy of Judges to read of the hope of the gospel in Psalm 32, a psalm about the joy of forgiveness. Use this day to pray, rest, and reflect on the hope that is ours because of God’s grace toward a rebellious people.

When I kept silent, my bones became brittle
from my groaning all day long.
For day and night your hand was heavy on me;
my strength was drained
as in the summer’s heat.    Selah
Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not conceal my iniquity.
I said,
“I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
and you forgave the guilt of my sin.    Selah
-Psalm 32:3-5

SRT-Judges-Instagram-Day13

30 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Sydney Himpel says:

God is so amazing! I am staring a Bible club for girls in my school this year, and my VP and I wanted to find a “theme” verse. She sent me some ideas, and I really liked one from Psalm 32. We decided on that one, but I felt a little unsure if God wanted me to use that verse. The verses in this study on Grace Days are from Psalm 32. This gives me confidence in the verse we chose! God is SO good. ❤️❤️

2. Makayla B says:

Good morning ladies, as grace day reminds me to rest in the Lord and pray, I ask that you gals keep me in your prayers, I am suffering from spinal csf leak, and am waiting for the neurosurgeon at Cedar Sinai to go over my case and determine the best treatment plan. It has been a week and I am still waiting to here from him. Prayers for the doctor’s wisdom and swiftness. Really hoping to hear from him in the next few days. Thanks ladies.

1. Dorothy says:

Makayla prayers going your way that the doctors find out what is wrong with you and fix it correctly as soon as they possibly can.

2. Churchmouse says:

Praying for accurate diagnosis and effective treatment soon. Praying for peace to cover you from head to toe. Praying you profoundly sense His presence for the Lord is with you. Awaiting your praise report…

3. Laura says:

Waiting on doctors and treatment plans is hard! My daughter was diagnosed with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension about 3 weeks ago and I have been waiting all week to schedule a lumbar puncture. Then, this morning, the issue that would have necessitated the lumbar puncture resolved. I still have to find out what her neurologist wants to do in light of this new development, but I have been annoyed at all the waiting.

4. She Reads Truth says:

We’re praying for healing, comfort, and peace during this time Makayla. Thanks for sharing with us. We’re so glad that you’re here. -Margot, The SRT Team

3. Lynn Johnson says:

Freedom of Forgiveness and Repentance ❤️

4. Mari V says:

Good morning my SRT sisters. I thank God for all of you and that we’re Walking this life together. Your prayers are appreciated this morning. In a little while I’ll be taking my son and my daughter to one last getaway before school starts next week. It’s just a day trip. Please pray for our safety. Please pray that we have fun.

1. Amanda Rude says:

Praying!

2. Churchmouse says:

Lifting this family time up to the Lord – safe travel and that it will be fun and lighthearted and bring you all closer together. Praying bonds that may have strained would be strengthened and spirits would be united. Praying for laughter. Praying you all come to the end of the day with the words “we had such a good time!”

5. Anna Damiano says:

This makes me think about yesterday’s reading – how Israel never repented for their sins. Jephthah asked for God’s help and promised a gift to God, but no one ever confessed that they had sinned against God and needed mercy. God still saved them, but the results were disastrous. Their relationship with God was never restored.

I know that God has forgiven me of all of my sin – past, present, and future. But I don’t want my relationship with God to ever be distanced because I won’t let go of my sin. I wouldn’t do anything to damage my relationship with my husband, because he’s a wonderful, kind, godly man; nothing on earth would be worth more than that relationship to me. But my relationship with God is even more important – what worldly pleasure could be better than the King of kings who romances my soul?

So I don’t want to try to cover my sin up with gifts and promises to God. I want to confess them. And I don’t want to do it out of fear of God. I want to confess all my sins because I love Him so, so much. It’s safe to tell Him everything, and telling Him the hard things makes me love Him more, but He’s so quick to forgive. I’m so grateful and in love with Him ❤️

1. PamC says:

Well said! Thank you.

1. Maria Zantidis says:

Very well put. Very well put