Weekly Truth

from the Judges reading plan

Judges 2:11-12

BY She Reads Truth

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry the gospel with us wherever we go.

As we read, we will memorize verses that illustrate the repeating cycle seen in the book of Judges—the tragedy of forgetting God. This week’s verse summarizes Israel’s recurring rebellion against God.

The Israelites did what was evil in the LORD’s sight. They worshiped the Baals and abandoned the LORD, the God of their fathers, who had brought them out of Egypt.
-Judges 2:11-12a

Save the image below as a lock screen for your phone so you can read these words throughout the day.

4-Judges-1

14 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Diane Pentoney says:

Amen Alexis. That is exactly what scripture does for me to.

2. Lynn Johnson says:

Bottom Line – when I sin, I abandon my Jesus and all that He did for me! I am grateful for continuous second chances and my desire is to Listen and Follow…and be a good first time and obedient listener!

3. Mari V says:

Interestingly I feel the same way many times. How retched and ugly I can be. Yet my Jesus continues to love me unconditionally. May I never forget where I was and where I am now and where I’m heading. With Jesus on my side I know I can do this. Yesterday, my mentor called me on something. I was putting myself down and immediately she stopped me and said “now is that the way Jesus sees you, do you think that pleases Him“. I took a deep breath, smiled and rephrased what I was saying. I’m thankful for women like her. She’s been walking this journey with me for faithfully.

4. Dorothy says:

Sisters it’s a glorious Sunday to praise the Lord and ask for forgiveness. I have the Lord and my sisters in Christ and my family and I am happy.

5. Nancy Benak says:

Amen churchmouse

6. Churchmouse says:

In these verses Israel’s sin is identified and named. Not. Pretty. Not glossed over. They did evil. They worshiped a false god. They abandoned the True One. These verses are blunt and no nonsense. No excuses. No rationalization. What if I were to list my sins in just such a fashion : in black and white, utter honesty. When I spend some time contemplating my sin, it makes me all the more grateful and humbled that I am forgiven by the blood of Jesus. And that’s what makes me worship. Not just on Sunday, but every day.

1. Dorothy says:

Sister Churchmouse you always leave me with something to think about and this time is no different. Your words ring true in so many ways and worshiping the Lord is not just for Sunday as you said but everyday many times a day. Amen sister amen.

7. Bessie says:

I love going to church on Sundays and worshipping our magnificent God. I spend some time in the morning thinking about each of you and praying for the concerns you have raised during the week. Although we don’t know each other personally it feels like we are all sisters worshipping God together in spirit. Good Sabbath to you all

1. Churchmouse says:

Thank you for your prayers. Always a wonderful gift

8. Eliza Bulz says: