Weekly Truth

from the Psalms for Prayer reading plan

Psalm 27:7-8

BY She Reads Truth

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry the gospel with us wherever we go.

This week we will memorize the key verses for this reading plan.

LORD, hear my voice when I call;
be gracious to me and answer me.
My heart says this about you:
“Seek his face.”
LORD, I will seek your face.
—Psalm 27:7-8

Save the image below as a lock screen for your phone so you can read these words throughout the day.

4-PsalmsForPrayer-1

28 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Laura Troutman says:

Lord I pray that I can direct myself towards you and desire to be like you lord. I am yours not the worlds.

2. Haley Hanson says:

I love the verse. It’s a good reminder that I should always be seeking the Lord, even in the most mundane things.

1. Carrie M says:

Yes, me too.

3. Alyssa Baker says:

I will seek you and know you Lord. Lift my eyes to you and not toward the things of this world.

4. Gabrielle Baggett says:

I’ve been battling anxiety and depression lately and feel as though it’s impossible to seek His face. Praying that God makes himself known and visible and that His presence is what I hold on to.

1. She Reads Truth says:

Thank you for sharing Gabrielle. We’re praying for you during this time -for continued encouragement and comfort. We’re grateful for you! -Margot, The SRT Team

2. Bethany says:

I have struggled with anxiety and depression for a long time. I had bad postpartum depression and anxiety, and then I experienced a pregnancy loss last year that sent me into a faith crisis tailspin. Everyone told me to “press into Jesus” but I just couldn’t figure out HOW. What I found to be the most helpful was to confide in Christ-centered women who would feed me scripture and pray – seriously pray – for me. I was too weak and weary to do it myself. 8 months later, I feel like I’m only just emerging from my grief and I am so grateful for these women who have been praying for me. I will put you on my prayer list. Please reach out if you need a virtual friend. The pain of depression and anxiety is too much to bear alone.

3. Summer Roughton says:

Thank you for sharing your hurts. I am slowly (extremely slowly) coming out of depression and anxiety. It seems to be a very long hard battle. Praying that you are able to find comfort and peace in a beautiful way. All of Psalm 27 is such a comfort to me. Knowing the beauty of God is breathtaking for me right now. Praying that you can dwell with Jesus in your hurts.

5. Rene' Bancroft says:

Whoa! This is hitting me in a new tender spot ~ my heart is ALREADY telling me to seek His face! And now I will declare out loud, I WILL seek His face!!! Amen!!!

6. Rene' Bancroft says:

Whoa! This is hitting me in a new tender spot ~ my heart is ALREADY telling me to seek His face! And now I will confess out loud,

7. Peony Noirr says:

❤️❤️❤️

8. Annette Enkhorn says:

Memorizing has always been difficult for me. I’m praying for His help and believing that He will <3

1. Susan says:

Me too! I pray this for both of us. I do not always get the verses totally correct, but not sure that is the important thing. As long as I am hiding God’s word in my heart and mind and can recall it to my mind when needed as best I am able, that is what is important. It is definitely a journey. Don’t give up.

1. Annette Enkhorn says:

I won’t and I agree with you Susan…God knows our hearts and will continue to be faithful to bring His Word to our minds as we keep studying and sharing with others. <3