Weekly Truth

Exodus 34:6-7

BY She Reads Truth

Scripture is God-breathed and true. When we memorize it, we carry the gospel with us wherever we go.

This week’s verse is the Lord’s own description of Himself to His people.

“The LORD is a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger and abounding in faithful love and truth, maintaining faithful love to a thousand generations, forgiving iniquity, rebellion, and sin.”
—Exodus 34:6-7

Save the image below as a lock screen for your phone so you can read these words throughout the day.

4-Lent18-5

13 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Peony Noirr says:

❤️

2. Dorothy says:

Many times we only read part of scriptures and use it to our advantage.
    Has anyone tried any of the recipes in the book yet. My son, daughter-in-law and I tried the salmon recipe and it was great.

1. She Reads Truth says:

We’re so glad that your family enjoyed the recipe! -Margot, The SRT Team

3. Denise Powers Fabian says:

I’ve been challenged by some of the perceived harshness at times, but the bottom line is that God owes us nothing…so all He gives is grace.

4. Elle says:

I think it’s important to consider the full segment of text rather than just the feel good part. “but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children’s children, to the third and the fourth generation.”

God loves and forgives us, but sin still has consequences. The more I learn about epigenetic changes and adverse childhood experiences, the more I understand the weight of the rest of that segment. God loves us, but we have to act with love as well if we want to protect our future generations from harm.

1. Irina says:

Well said! Amen! Somehow it’s perceived that God of the NT is a loving God and all the OT precautions are left for the OT people. But God is unchanging God and sin carries it’s consequences no matter of His forgiveness gifted to us…

2. Sarah says:

I was about to share something similar. I am concerned that there isn’t a notation indicating that this is not the entire verse.

5. Churchmouse says:

“The Lord is…” Just letting those three words grip me this morning. Not ‘The Lord occasionally is’ or ‘The Lord might be.’ “The Lord is…” The Lord is. The. Lord. Is.

1. Susan says:

Thank you! Tears… The. Lord. Is.

6. Amanda Yancey says:

John Mark Comer has a book called “God Has a Name” all about this one passage. This is who are god is. Merciful. Gracious. Slow to anger. Abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. Forgiving.

1. Brittany White says:

Yes! This book is life shifting.

2. Katelyn Warner says:

I just read this book! I loved walking through this verse! I love that when Yahweh describes himself he begins with words like compassionate and gracious. It made me think about how I answer the question: “Who is God?”

3. Rachael Brunelle says:

Started this book yesterday!