Grace Day

Deuteronomy 7:6

BY She Reads Truth

Use today to pray, rest, and reflect on this week’s reading, giving thanks for the grace that is ours in Christ.

For you are a holy people belonging to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you to be his own possession out of all the peoples on the face of the earth.
—Deuteronomy 7:6

SRT-Lent2018-Instagram-Day13

42 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Kimberly Burr says:

I love the NIV reading of this scripture: “For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be His people, His treasured possession.” He has chosen me, and I am His treasured possession. It fills me with the confidence to step out into this world today knowing Who I belong to.

1. Julie says:

Thank you for sharing. We are His treasured possession. That is a sweet translation to think on!

2. Morgan Brown says:

I am chosen and cherished by the One who truly matters.

1. Bailey says:

Amen! ♡

3. Kathy says:

I was never really picked for anything growing up. So the truth that Almighty God, the Creator of the Universe, picked me leaves me speechless and so grateful.
    Also, I wanted to give ya’ll an update on my husband. He had open-heart surgery last Friday. The surgery went perfectly. But, we had a small setback in coming home because his colon and small intestines have had a hard time waking up. This caused a lot of pain, gas, and bloating. As of yesterday we were finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, he will get to go home today or tomorrow.
    I cannot begin to tell you how much your prayers have meant. We have felt every word spoken over us. God has been so faithful and so compassionate and tender towards us. The past month has been both the worst and the best. The worst was the worry and anxiety and fear that we felt facing such major surgery. The best was the incredible way that God ministered to us and the things that He has taught me. I could write pages of the ways that God sent just what I needed just when I needed it. He has protected us physically, spiritually, and emotionally. It has been a journey that I don’t think I want to do again, but oh, the things I have learned – be present right now, trust God to take the next step, lean on friends, let them do for you when they can, rest, breathe, lean into God’s presence, wait, be still, fret not…I could go on, but I won’t.
    Thank you again, my sweet sisters in Christ. I am so glad we get to do this journey together. Be blessed!

1. Susan says:

So thankful to hear your news! I will continue praying.

2. Mari says:

Thank you so much for updating us! That is just amazing news. Praying that all works out so that you can bring him home soon.

3. Rachel says:

I’m so glad! You should record all He is doing in and through you during the past month and this season(in your own private journal). It will be a sweet testimony to look back on! So you’ll never forget the realness of what you’re feeling/experiencing now! May God continue to provide and bless you and your husband!

4. Julie says:

Blessings to you and your husband. Continued Prayers for complete and full recovery!

5. Churchmouse says:

Praying for daily progress for your Roger and for you, Kathy, to continue to feel the Great Physician’s healing presence. Your testimony encourages me to pray without ceasing.

6. She Reads Truth says:

Thank you for the update Kathy! We’re continuing to pray for you and your husband. So grateful that you’re here. -Margot, The SRT Team

4. Erin Vallez says:

Loved!

5. Amanda Nicole says:

Happy Sabbath!

1. Brandi says:

❤️ So grateful for this day!

6. Churchmouse says:

It’s a wonderful thing to know that God says “You belong to Me!” Just going to rest and rejoice in that fact today.

1. Julie says:

Churchmouse your consistent comments here are a steadfast support to this community. Thank you for always showing up here. I appreciate your wisdom. You provide a valuable mentorship here. I am moving soon and will be looking for a church home. I hope to find a friend like you to help me along my path.

1. Churchmouse says:

Thank you for your kind words. I’m so grateful for all who post on SRT. What a blessing to have each other on this faith journey!

2. Clare says:

Church mouse – I echo Julie here, I am blessed by you, thank you

7. Anna Newsome says:

So comforting to know I was chosen and saved by grace ♥️