Grace Day

from the Matthew reading plan

Isaiah 29:18-19

BY She Reads Truth

Use this day to pray, rest, and reflect on this week’s reading, giving thanks for the grace that is ours in Christ.

On that day the deaf will hear
the words of a document,

and out of a deep darkness
the eyes of the blind will see.
The humble will have joy
after joy in the Lord,

and the poor people will rejoice
in the Holy One of Israel.
– Isaiah 29:18-19

SRT-Matthew-Instagram-13

31 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Madeline says:

Praying for you!!! Post a comment after his surgery if you’d like, I’d love to know how everything goes!

2. Kathy says:

My husband has an aneuyrism on his heart and is facing open-heart surgery. I am terrified! My mind keeps wanting to go to the worst possibilities. My word for this year is “still” as in “be still”. These verses were a good reminder of God’s faithfulness. In the stillness today I felt Him telling me to cherish every moment right now, to keep praying, stay in His Words, to listen, to be in the moment and let tomorrow take care of itself. “…joy after joy…”

1. Churchmouse says:

Praying for successful surgery and steady recovery. And praying peace for all

2. Mari says:

Oh Kathy I will pray right now.

3. EarlyBird says:

“Fear not.” “God with us.” Praying for your family.

4. Debbie Lanier says:

Kathy, His Word says: “So do not fear, for I Am with you; do not be dismayed, for I Am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My Righteous Right Hand.” (Isaiah 41:10) “The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” (Deuteronomy 31:8) “Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord Himself, is my strength and my defense; He has become my salvation.” (Isaiah 12:2) When you are afraid remember HE is with you. And if you can’t think of anything else, just speak His Name, Jesus. It is enough. Praying for your husband, your family and you.

1. Kathleen says:

It is for very different circumstances, but these promises helped me this morning, thank you❤️

5. KimN says:

Praying for your family Kathy, for wisdom for the medical team & for you – that the love and peace of Jesus envelop you and grant you everything that you need right now.

6. Chaney Shadrock says:

Praying for you and your husband, Kathy.

3. Bailey says:

Thank you for grace, Lord! ♡

4. Suzi says:

God promises that the deaf will hear the Word, that the blind will see in the deepest darkness, that the humble will experience joy after joy, and that the poor will rejoice. I find it so interesting that this aligns with both the miracles Jesus performed in the New Testament, and more metaphorical miracles He performs every day. Those for whom hearing the gospel was not a possibility are hearing about the gospel every day – and it’s spreading. Those who live in the darkest circumstances but trust in the Lord see the light of the Lord. The humble experience JOY after JOY, and those who live in poverty REJOICE in the Lord. Thankful for a God who works in big, miraculous ways 2,000 years after the New Testament was written.

5. Stephanie Mann says:

The Lord has planned such a beautiful end to our story!

6. Courtney says:

This passage refers to the miracles performed by Jesus in the four gospels of the New Testament. Participating in this Bible study has become a blessing to me! It has helped me form a deeper understanding of God’s word and Jesus ministry. Amen!

7. Elizabeth Byrd says:

“The meek shall obtain fresh joy”. In a world where everything is recycled ideas, how amazing to have something new that is positive! God is so refreshing! He gives us things found no where else! He never fails.

1. Jeanna S says:

Elizabeth, “fresh joy”, jumped on the page for me as well! Thank you for sharing your thoughts… just perfect!
      Happy Sunday!

8. Pam says:

I’m hearing the songs “Oh Happy Day” running through my mind as I read this today.