Grace Day

from the Matthew reading plan

1 Chronicles 29:11

BY She Reads Truth

Use this day to pray, rest, and reflect on this week’s reading, giving thanks for the grace that is ours in Christ.

Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the splendor and the majesty, for everything in the heavens and on earth belongs to you. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom, and you are exalted as head over all.

– 1 Chronicles 29:11

SRT-Matthew-Instagram-6

27 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Nancy Ham says:

Such a wonderful way to start my mornings! This week has been a pleasure, the readings and devotionals have touched me.

2. Caitlin Price says:

*test

3. Caitlin Price says:

I also went back and read the chapter..

“I know my God that you treat the heart…”

Knowing that He gives you trials, knowing that everything that happens to you happens for a reason because it is His will, and you should still be thankful for those thing because there is a bigger plan. This was a great reminder!

4. Courtney says:

Amen and thanks be to God the Father!

5. Kelly Chataine says:

Everything I read in God’s Word tracks with the situation that my husband and I are currently going through. He experienced a traumatic brain injury on the 10th day of October. He coded once and I was called into a meeting twice where the doctors told me they had no hope. It took 12 weeks but my husband is home. We are experiencing many blessings and have many requests. Our roles and our normal are very different. He has almost fallen no less than 8 times since we returned to home. He doesn’t necessarily like me supporting him but also realizes that he would have fallen without my close proximity and support. In it all we praise God and ask that all glory, majesty go to God and may He be exalted!

1. JoAnn says:

My daughter is recovering from an traumatic brain injury so I know a little of what you are experiencing. Praying with you!

6. marsha says:

gosh emily, i don’t remember all this about 1 chronicles 29 but it certainly begs to be read afresh ❤️. thank you for your inspiring comment!!!

7. Churchmouse says:

A humble “Amen!” from my lips and heart this grace day.

8. Emily says:

I wanted to see what the context was for our verse today, so I went back to 1 Chronicles 29 and started from the beginning. Wow, just wow! What an amazing chapter on giving to the Lord and on being a great leader! David led by example and planned for and gave generously of his own wealth to the building of the temple. When he challenged all the leaders of Israel (leaders of the households included) to do the same, the response was incredible! What struck me the most was not only their attitude in giving (the word “willingly” was repeated many times to describe the way they gave), but also the joy and celebration that ensued post giving. Verse 20 says, So they ate and drank before the Lord with great gladness that day.” Sometimes we forget what David reminds us of in verse 14 “But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? For everything comes from You, and we have given You only what comes from Your own hand.” Everything belongs to God! When we give to Him, we are giving him back a portion of what is already His, and just like the people of Israel, this should bring us great joy and cause for celebration! Such a challenge to me today and exactly what I needed to hear! I hope you all go back and read 1 Chronicles 29 today!

1. Carrie says:

Wow, just wow, Emily! I was blessed by your reflections!

2. Jeanna Swann says:

Thanks Emily! What a great passage!

3. Jessica Reyna says:

Amen!

4. Amanda Rockett says:

Amen! Thank you!

5. Jo Gistand says:

Amen! Thank you!!!!

6. Susan Naniot says:

Thank you. Happy “Little Christmas” Day! Your extra effort was gift!

7. Lisa Thompson says:

I followed you example, Emily, and read 1 Chronicles 29; what a marvelous chapter! David is such a good example of God’s grace and forgiveness, and then in this chapter David’s response to that life of grace. Lots to think about here. Thanks for suggesting we read the context.