Weekly Truth

from the The Sermon on the Mount reading plan

Matthew 6:9-10

BY She Reads Truth

Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to carry God-breathed truth, instruction, and reproof wherever we go.

As we read through the Sermon on the Mount, we will memorize the Lord’s Prayer together. The first part of the prayer teaches us to seek God and His kingdom.

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
—Matthew 6:9-10

Write this passage down and post it on your mirror or at your desk, in your car or on the fridge—anywhere you’ll see it often. Save the image below as your phone’s lock screen so you can read these words of truth throughout the day.

We want to be a community that is intentional about Scripture memorization. Will you join us?

4-SOTM-1

65 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. carriebeth says:

We used to do this every week when I taught Sunday School in my class (4th and 5th graders)! So encouraging and brought back such good memories. We used to say he is our (Q)uilt – comforter and protector. And for Z we would say (Z)ookeeper – taking care of and loving all his little animals even though sometimes we are wild and unruly. ☺️

1. I would love to know more about this alphabet you used with the kiddos- I would love to use something like this with mine!!! Excellent idea!!!

1. Lauren says:

:) Me too! I love this! I have a 9 yr old and a 4 yr old. This sounds like it would be great to teach them.

2. Jeanna says:

I am just catching up on my reading this morning. We have been without power, water, internet since the hurricane. I am so lifted by the declaration of the many names of our God that churchmouse encouraged us to share. Please allow me to add mine. He Is Enough. He is the Shelter in our Storms, the God in whom we can trust, even when the storms of life surround us, He is enough.

3. Love the LORD’s prayer!!

4. Tricia C says:

This was so cool. So sorry I missed it yesterday. God is AWESOME!

5. Kara says:

Reading a day late but so encouraged to see all this praise in alphabet form! I may try to turn into who I am in Him for my prayer time ! Adored, beloved, cherished….

6. churchmouse says:

YOU SHE’S ARE AWESOME!

7. April says:

I came in late today but LOVED reading all of the alphabet – thanks for suggesting that ChurchMouse and all of you for jumping in – it really helped me see that line of the Lords Prayer in new light!

8. Beth S says:

This was such an encouragement! Thank you churchmouse and everyone who contributed to praising God for who He is :)