Grace Day

from the Romans reading plan

Colossians 1:13-14

BY She Reads Truth

Take this day as an opportunity to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

He has rescued us from the domain of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son he loves. In him we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
– Colossians 1:13-14

SRT-ROMANS-instagram13

16 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. JessMC says:

This verse speaks very intentionally to me this morning. Specifically the sentence, “the sins we were doomed to keep repeating.” Over the last few days I’ve been praying and asking the Lord to help me bring light and clarity to an issue of sin I’m dealing with. It’s a sin that I continually struggle with at different points in my life and it’s reared its ugly head recently. I know what I need to do is not what I want to do, but God is repeatedly reminding me that in Him I have the strength to confront and overcome.

2. Karen says:

I love redemption! Thank you Jesus!

3. Emily B. says:

These verses stuck out to me when we read them earlier in the week. I love that God completely changes our circumstances–we were on in the kingdom of darkness, the worst place ever, and now we’re in the Kingdom of His Son, the best place ever. He saved us from our “before” and made us all “afters.” So thankful.

4. Binky says:

Thankful for God’s grace!

5. Tochi Heredia says:

After reading the passages for this week several times, I’m now pondering over them once more.
    Truth can be heavy, but also freeing. Kinda paradoxical.

I feel like the theme for this week, at least for me, has been GRACE. Redemption, forgiveness, salvation… All because of Him and there’s nothing we can do to deserve it.

Today I’m resting in his presence, gladly puting my life in His hands.
    Praise be to God.

1. Emily B. says:

Love this. Thanks for sharing!

6. Debbie Gartland says:

what a glorious truth. Praise you Lord<3

7. churchmouse says:

These verses are unambiguous and I am so grateful for their clarity. I have been rescued from darkness (Thank you, Lord!). I have been transferred into the kingdom of His beloved Son (Thank you, Lord!). I have redemption (Thank you, Lord!). I have forgiveness of my sins (Thank you, Lord!). This is the Gospel! Good news! Thank you, Lord!

1. Leenda324 says:

Amen!

8. Kim says:

Thankful to be delivered from sin!