Grace Day

from the Romans reading plan

Psalm 51:1-3

BY She Reads Truth

Take this day as an opportunity to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

Be gracious to me, God,
according  to your faithful  love;
according to your abundant compassion,
blot out my  rebellion.
Completely wash away my  guilt
and cleanse me from  my  sin.
For I am conscious of  my  rebellion,
and my sin is always before  me.
—Psalm 51:1-3

SRT-ROMANS-instagram6

38 thoughts on "Grace Day"

1. Jessica Kuykendall says:

How funny it is how today was grace day. I have not rested well and was at my wits end in the early hours of the morning. I felt I had already failed my day when I missed my FiA workout and attempted to get rest after the kids went to school. That SO didn’t work. I finally felt called to just step out into the sun. So glad I followed. God is so good in refreshing our being. Even when we don’t realize that it is Him. Thank you Jesus. Oh Lord, My God.

2. Rose Braga says:

What a relief that God forgives me for my selfishness and sinful desires!

3. Madison says:

Hello everyone!
    So I am currently trying to reestablish my close relationship with the Lord. I have fallen off of daily conversation with him for months and in the process have opened my eyes, looked around, and realized that there is a massive HOLE in my life…and in my heart. I am a “student” and as such love to learn and “study” so I began this study to get myself back on track and open up those lines of communication again and to take myself back into the Lord’s presence.

Being the student that I am, I typically shy away from days, like Day 6, that encourage us to just BE with God; I have never felt that I am very good at just being with Him not while actively “studying” a passage. Today I sat down and read Psalm 51:1-3 and had to just stop. What an amazing piece of scripture. Not only are we asking God to take away that that separated us from Him (a very strong prayer in itself), but in doing so we also shine light on some of the amazing qualities of our Lord! This verse really sat with me. I hope everyone gets a chance to really sit with it :)

1. Marli Neel says:

Hi Madison ! I know you posted this 3 mo ago but I just wanted to check in with you and see how it’s going with trying to reestablish a close relationship with The Lord again ?

4. Fiona says:

I’ve never posted before, and this is my second study plan at SRT. I started the first one because I had to- I’d left my relationship with God and I needed to get back to him so I just started reading this app. For days I struggled with the enemy because I may as well have been reading a foreign language because I was getting nothing from it. But just a short few days and I find myself so disappointed that it’s a grace day! SRT has helped me start to converse with God again. Amen to the work you do for Him. What I wanted to ask tonight was about my mum & my sis (and the rest of my family too) because the religious nature of christians has put them off getting to know God. And it is not something we talk about a lot at home, but because of SRT I have a new confidence to mention that I might pray for someone our family knows. Can I ask for prayer for my family to come into a right relationship with Him? Tonight and previous days’ studies have made me realise a transgression of mine is as much about not doing something as it is about doing something sinful. I want to boast in the lord and have my family boast in Him too!!!

1. Casey says:

Hi Fiona, I am super behind on this study so I just got to Grace day today. I read your comment and wanted you to know I will be praying for your family to knownGod as a source of freedom and joy and not a set of rules!

1. Rebecca says:

Praying for you and your family! Thankful for His grace!

2. Heidi says:

Dear Fiona…I just wanted to say that your post was so encouraging to me :) I believe with all my heart that the Gospel is best shared when it is lived out in front of people. Your family will be blessed by YOU. By your life and by your story. What better way for them to know the power and life of Jesus than in watching Jesus change your life. Be strong and be courageous and love them. I believe that your living faith will overcome what they thing dead Christianity is. Praying for you sister…may the grace of God live in you today.

5. Elyssa says:

So good to be reminded that God will blot out all of my transgressions. Praise be to God.

6. Laura Humphreys says:

So needed to hear this today!!

7. Caroline says:

Question for everyone, how do you spend your grace days??

1. Sage says:

In nature, or with a good book. Often I make worship music a part of my Grace days to focus my heart on our Beautiful God

2. Emily Smith says:

I like so spend it outside (if it’s a nice day out) on the hammock in the wonderful nature that god created. And listen to worship music, I love worship music. And spend the day talking to god, there’s so much to talk about and there’s so much to thank him for. I also like to look around me and praise god for things that I may not have noticed before. :)