Weekly Truth

Psalm 121:5-8

BY She Reads Truth

Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to carry God-breathed truth, instruction, and reproof wherever we go.

For this study of the Psalms of Ascent, we’ve been memorizing the 121st psalm together, a few verses at a time. The last four verses affirm the Lord’s promise to be our shelter, protecting us from harm.

The LORD protects you;
the LORD is a shelter right by your side.
The sun will not strike you by day
or the moon by night.

The LORD will protect you from all harm;
he will protect your life.
The LORD will protect your coming and going
both now and forever.
– Psalm 121:5-8

Write this passage down and post it on your mirror or at your desk, in your car or on the fridge—anywhere you’ll see it often. Save the image below as your phone’s lock screen so you can read these words of truth throughout the day.

We want to be a community that is intentional about Scripture memorization. Will you join us?

4-POA-3

12 thoughts on "Weekly Truth"

1. Stacey says:

Prayer request please. I need the “LORD to protect me from all harm”. I am in unbearable physical pain from cancer removal surgery and a major Lyme disease attack that started a couple days ago. Please pray this will pass right now. Thank you women of God!

1. Mari says:

Stacey, i’m getting ready for church and I am praying for you!

2. Danielle says:

Praying for you right now!

3. churchmouse says:

Praying for immediate pain relief! God, You can do it!

4. She Reads Truth says:

Praying for you, friend. Asking the Lord to heal and work as only He can.

– Stormye

2. Thank you to everyone for this study and community. I am woefully behind and need to catch up before I start Romans with my sweet girls this summer. But that’s ok!! I’m taking my time.

3. Erin says:

Love these verses what a great reminder. Thank you Lord for always being on my side and for loving me.

4. Macie says:

What a great study! I have decided to write these verses down on pretty little cards and mail them to my very best friends. We all live in different places now, and I know as we grow in our careers, go back to school, get married, and raise families it’s the little things like that that will keep us connected.

God bless!!

1. Sarah says:

What a fun idea!! I want to do that sometime!

5. Caroline says:

Amen! Thank you Lord that you are always in my side!

6. churchmouse says:

My granddaughter likes the movie Shrek. It has all the elements she enjoys: a princess, a knight in shining armor and a fiery dragon. Of course the knight rescues and protects the princess. Happy ending! We know sometimes, in real life, the knight seems delayed or never comes at all. And we would be glad if the only problem we had to slay was one pink dragon. Life isn’t a fairy tale. We feel like we will be locked in the tower of the castle, alone forever. Ahhhh… But we have Someone far better!! We have a King who comes on a white horse! He’s called Faithful and True. Rescuing and protecting is His specialty. His sword slays all who would hurt His princesses (for He has many!) We need only to call on His name. We are never alone and we are set free to share life forever in His kingdom. Happiest ending!

1. Emily B. says:

I like this analogy! Thanks for sharing!